PDA

View Full Version : My new baby

pops1
Apr-12-2009, 6:26pm
Just got my Pomeroy. Sounds better than i had hoped. Everything for the good, a nice mandolin for a good price and supported a small builder instead of a giant corporation. I am a happy camper. :grin: :mandosmiley:

Steve-o
Apr-12-2009, 6:58pm
Congrats pops1. That's a nice looking Pomeroy. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for a long time. How about a back shot?

JeffD
Apr-12-2009, 7:23pm
Beautiful

Womandolin
Apr-12-2009, 7:24pm
I'll take one of those with a side of 20 years experience please.

(Beautiful!)

Chris Keth
Apr-12-2009, 9:49pm
That is real pretty. I'd love an oval hole version of one of those, complete with that sharp pickguard. Is it ebony to match the fretboard and bridge (and headstock veneer?)?

Paul Statman
Apr-12-2009, 10:11pm
'At's a beaut - congratumalations! Play it in good health.

pops1
Apr-12-2009, 11:43pm
That is real pretty. I'd love an oval hole version of one of those, complete with that sharp pickguard. Is it ebony to match the fretboard and bridge (and headstock veneer?)?

It is ebony, i got lucky on this one as it was used from Don (bout a year old) can't wait till i get it broken in as it sounds great now, should be a monster a couple of years from now. Here is the back with my old tone guard. Thanks for all the compliments, but you should compliment Don.

Jill McAuley
Apr-13-2009, 12:21am
Oh man, that back is gorgeous! Congratulations!

Cheers,
Jill

Chris Keth
Apr-13-2009, 12:45am
That's just beautiful. The perfect balance of light and warmth to the finish. It's like you took it and followed it around with candlelight.:))

LKN2MYIS
Apr-13-2009, 6:07am
Don does beautiful work.

pickloser
Apr-13-2009, 8:10am
Congratulations! Don sent you a real beauty I hope you enjoy it thoroughly.

Siminole
Apr-14-2009, 3:15pm
A really nice looking Mandolin, and I'm sure it sounds wonderful. I, also, believe that Don is one of the real "craftsman" in the Mandolin world. His work is fantastic and those that I have had the pleasure of hearing and sometimes playing have been exceptional instruments. Enjoy...

JEStanek
Apr-14-2009, 5:07pm
Yowsa! Congratulations and enjoy it.

Jamie

pops1
Apr-15-2009, 8:30am
Thanks to all for the compliments, and Thanks to Don Paine for the Beautiful mandolin, conversation and workmanship.

Uncle Choppy
Apr-17-2009, 3:18pm
That's a beauty Pops!

I've always had a soft spot for blonde F-styles. I also like the non-scroll headstock on yours - it works aesthetically (for me) and is a sensible modification to a vulnerable area.

I'm a fan of Don's work and I own one of his A2 mandolins. I hope that you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine!

Cheers
Brendan