PDA

View Full Version : Jaybirds coming to town

BlueNote
Apr-12-2009, 8:51am
I noticed that John Reischman and the Jaybirds are coming to East Hartford,CT on April 16. Has anybody been to a Jaybird concert? Did you like it?

Rick Crenshaw
Apr-12-2009, 8:54am
Yes, I love the Jaybirds! They were here in Memphis last year. You won't be disappointed. Every musician in the band is superb... and John Reischman's mandolin playing... well... enjoy!

Don Grieser
Apr-12-2009, 9:40am
If you want to hear one of the best total band sounds, get to the concert. Those folks know how to play together--no one gets in the way of the vocal or of the person taking a break. They have a great old time feel too, and they're all great players. Even though John R. is one of the best, he's more interested in playing as part of the band than playing everything he possibly can. Go see them; they'll be one of the best bands you'll ever see.

jasona
Apr-12-2009, 12:12pm
They are tight, tight, tight! Definitely not to be missed!

Mike Bunting
Apr-12-2009, 1:15pm
All superb musicians. Jim Nunnally is one of the great rhythm players.

mandolirius
Apr-12-2009, 1:35pm
If you haven't seen the band before, you're in for a treat. Don't miss them!

mandopete
Apr-13-2009, 11:14am
2nd That!

banjoboy
Apr-13-2009, 12:31pm
Don't forget about Nick Hornbuckle, the groups banjo player. The guy is amazing. Due to an issue with his right hand, he can no longer play using three fingers on his right hand. He now uses only two fingers to pick with, and he has developed a style that totally fits in with the band.

Rick Schmidlin
Apr-13-2009, 12:33pm
Your gonna love The Jaybirds.

SternART
Apr-13-2009, 3:23pm
Yep, we all "hate" them.......;)

nickayn
Apr-13-2009, 3:35pm
Hey All,
Thanks for the kind words about the Jaybirds. We are all looking forward to our trip to the East Coast. Here are a couple of more dates...

Thursday, April 16th
East Hartford, Connecticut
East Hartford Community Cultural Center
www.ehccc.com (www.ehccc.com)

Friday, April 17th
Mamaroneck, NY
The Emelin Theatre
http://www.emelin.org/

Sunday, April 19th 5:30 pm
Shark River Hills, NJ
Hosted by Ken and Laura Jewell
For Reservation kjewell21@optonline.net
732 567 2455

Thanks, Nick Hornbuckle

http://www.thejaybirds.com/

BlueNote
Apr-13-2009, 9:25pm
Wow! Now I can hardly wait. I better bring some extra cash for CD's.:grin:

Bluman
Apr-13-2009, 9:45pm
I recommend the "Up in the Woods" album for the extra cash you will have saved. 4th cut on the album is "The North Shore" written by JR on the day Bill Monroe died. Simply a great tune. It's been said here before JR is a tone monster and I'm sure you will agree. The rest of the band are outstanding. You will enjoy!