PDA

View Full Version : Brentrup 23V

Scott Tichenor
Aug-05-2004, 4:55pm
Finally getting around to these pictures of the Brentrup 23V Hans delivered a few weeks ago. Standard disclaimer any mandolin I own: if I'm owning and playing it, there's a good reason why. I won't publically compare/contrast mandolins on this board or elsewhere. That's for the rest of you to have fun doing. I certainly have my opinions but they're just that. Get me in person and I may do it though ;).

Scott Tichenor
Aug-05-2004, 4:56pm
Hans' distinctive headstock inlay.

Scott Tichenor
Aug-05-2004, 4:57pm
Proof I'm not a good photographer is that the back on this is beautifully bookmatched, but this photo sure doesn't show it. It sent me running over to the mandolin!

Scott Tichenor
Aug-05-2004, 5:01pm
One final thing I will say and I'm certain you won't have a problem getting other Brentrup owners to back this up. Hans is a world class experience in custom ordering a mandolin. Communiation is clear, he sends periodic updates/photos of your instrument and has nice options and woods. No doubt about what's going on and having a visual record of the progress sort of spoils you. Wonderful experience, indeed. Thanks, Hans.

tope
Aug-06-2004, 5:56am
Congats Scott, that looks like a mando I'd be pleased to own any day. Gary

levin4now
Aug-06-2004, 7:08am
Good gracious sakes. Beautiful mandolin. And your new Gibson too. How do you do it?

Scotti Adams
Aug-06-2004, 7:16am
..yep..mighty fine ...mighty fine....the Gibson cranks too...I played a Gibson Varnished Fern at the shop back in Feb....it was heads and shoulders above anything else they had...and I played 'em all....

ethanopia
Aug-06-2004, 7:32am
Good looking instrument, the string spacing looks kind of wide towards the bridge is it a standard spacing?

mandopete
Aug-06-2004, 7:46am
Looks a bit like a Sam Bush model.

Scott Tichenor
Aug-06-2004, 7:46am
Good looking instrument, the string spacing looks kind of wide towards the bridge is it a standard spacing?
It's a bit wider than the others but I really like it. This mandolin rattles your brain when you play it. Very loud, big presence. Really responds in the 'opening up' arena with being played every day.

cbogle
Aug-06-2004, 8:25am
Great looking 23 Scott! Welcome to the happy legion of Brentrup owners!

Bill James
Aug-06-2004, 8:49am
Now he knows! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

elenbrandt
Aug-07-2004, 9:19am
"Now he knows" ha!

It was Scott's epicurean taste in mandolins that first peaked my interest in one of Hans' mandolins. The Great Tichenor knows all, sees all.......
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/coffee.gif

Peakbagr
Aug-07-2004, 2:37pm
Both Scott and Elen piqued mine. Thats the reason I first learned about Hans. Lots of lurking and questions later, I got on his waitlist and my V23 is about a month away from delivery. See another thread on its construction elsewhere in this section.

JAK
Aug-07-2004, 3:27pm
Scott, what kind of spruce top wood did you choose?

JAK
Aug-07-2004, 3:55pm
Oh, just read "German Spruce."

Aug-07-2004, 5:18pm
Count me as a big fan of Han's. The 23V I had was superb in everyway.