PDA

View Full Version : My New Collings with Bailey Strap & McClung armrest!

Barbara Shultz
Apr-07-2009, 10:20am
Hi ya'll, got back to Iowa (one day AFTER the 6 inches of snow fell!) and my new custom made Bailey Strap AND my new custom made Doug Edwards McClung armrest were waiting for me! So, here's pics of my new Collings MT2 0 with it's new trimmings!

Thanks to both Bill & Doug for the GREAT custom made pieces, and great customer service!

Thanks to, to Fiddler's Green Music Store in Austin Texas, for the beautiful new Collings...

3 for 3 ..... All from Mandolin Cafe!!!!

chip
Apr-07-2009, 10:32am
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice!:)

Jill McAuley
Apr-07-2009, 10:55am
The finishing touches! Looks great!

Cheers,
Jill

wglide
Apr-07-2009, 10:57am
Mighty pretty and I bet it sounds soo good. Congats. Love my MF 5----John J

H.P.
Apr-07-2009, 11:07am
C'mon, Barbara. You know we don't say "ya'all" in Ioway.

250sc
Apr-07-2009, 11:13am
lol. Where's the cup holder. :-) (Just kidding. It's beautiful)

rekx
Apr-07-2009, 11:19am
The Bailey strap is the best out the, IMHO. I like the color you chose - it compliments the mandolin nicely.

pickloser
Apr-07-2009, 11:31am
That MT2 is a real looker--and very well accessorized too!
Congratulations. :mandosmiley:

bjc
Apr-07-2009, 11:42am
That strap goes very well with the mando....awesome.:popcorn:

clem
Apr-07-2009, 11:48am
Congrats Barbara. A beautiful mandolin and accessories. Next time you're in Austin, maybe we can jam and compare "rigs" (I've got a blonde Collings MT2V with a Dude arm rest and Dudette strap) at Fiddler's Green.

Rick Schmidlin
Apr-07-2009, 12:32pm
Hi ya'll, got back to Iowa (one day AFTER the 6 inches of snow fell!) and my new custom made Bailey Strap AND my new custom made Doug Edwards McClung armrest were waiting for me! So, here's pics of my new Collings MT2 0 with it's new trimmings!

Thanks to both Bill & Doug for the GREAT custom made pieces, and great customer service!

Thanks to, to Fiddler's Green Music Store in Austin Texas, for the beautiful new Collings...

3 for 3 ..... All from Mandolin Cafe!!!!

Really hot:mandosmiley:

Barbara Shultz
Apr-07-2009, 3:45pm
So, here's a video I made on my webcam this morning, of me playing Denis Murphy's Slide on my new Collings.... not perfect, but not too bad! Hope I can figure out how to embed it!

O6-1L98iT9I

Barbara Shultz
Apr-07-2009, 3:49pm
C'mon, Barbara. You know we don't say "ya'all" in Ioway.

Shows what YOU know! I'm on a personal campaign to get Iowans to say Ya'll ... already have my close personal friends saying it!

Barb

Avi Ziv
Apr-07-2009, 3:50pm
Wonderful! Nice ringing tone

Thanks for sharing

guitharsis
Apr-07-2009, 6:39pm
Sounds great! Looks great too. Thanks for sharing.

Jill McAuley
Apr-07-2009, 6:48pm
Thanks for posting that Barbara! I gotta head down to Gryphon Strings one of these weekends to try out the MT2-O they have down there.

Cheers,
Jill

GRW3
Apr-07-2009, 10:50pm
Gee Barb,

You traveled all over Texas, bought studio time to help your son's internship, bought a new mando and bought a locally made armrest. You're a one woman stimulus package.

I hope you had a great time...

Ivan Kelsall
Apr-08-2009, 2:08am
Hi Barbara - Purely as a note of enquiry,do you put the Mandolin in it's case with the armrest on ?.
Is your case a hard case ?. I only ask because the one time i put a (good quality) armrest on a Mandolin of mine,i put it in it's case with the armrest on.The metal tunbuckles pressed against the side of the Mandolin & flaked a tiny piece of the finish off. After that,i placed a piece of thin leather between the turnbuckles & the Mandolin side. With such a beautiful instrument as the Collings (i am an MT fan ),i'd tend to want to protect it from any possible damage - just a cautionary tale,
Saska ;)

Barbara Shultz
Apr-08-2009, 7:51am
Hi Barbara - Purely as a note of enquiry,do you put the Mandolin in it's case with the armrest on ?.
Is your case a hard case ?. I only ask because the one time i put a (good quality) armrest on a Mandolin of mine,i put it in it's case with the armrest on.The metal tunbuckles pressed against the side of the Mandolin & flaked a tiny piece of the finish off. After that,i placed a piece of thin leather between the turnbuckles & the Mandolin side. With such a beautiful instrument as the Collings (i am an MT fan ),i'd tend to want to protect it from any possible damage - just a cautionary tale,
Saska ;)

Saska, yes, I do. My armrest that I had on my Bridger had hardware that did not touch my mando... BUT, I noticed when I was putting the new armrest on, that it did touch the mando, so I already DID cut me a couple of little pieces of leather and put them between.... great minds think alike! ;)

Barbara

Jill McAuley
Apr-08-2009, 10:13am
Ah, good info to know re: the turnbuckles and the side of the mandolin - thanks Barbara and Saska, I have a McClung on the way for my Aspen, so I'll make sure I have some wee bits of leather handy to prevent the possibility of the same problem.

Cheers,
Jill

Capt. E
Apr-08-2009, 10:48am
Looks like we may have a cafe event at Fiddlers Green next time you get to Austin (date and time to be announced). I'll try and be there too.

I played your Collings a couple of times and I can attest it very nice indeed. Couldn't decide which was better, the Weber Vintage A or your Collings. A matter of taste I suppose.

I have the same McClung armrest on my Weber Bighorn and the case closes just fine. I wouldn't want a mandolin without one. Thanks to Doug. Beautiful strap you picked. Perfect color combo.

PhilTod
Apr-09-2009, 10:40am
Very Cool! They both accent the beauty of your Collings very nicely.

Barbara Shultz
Apr-09-2009, 11:17am
I had a request for a pic of the back of the Collings....it's so shiny, it's hard to get a picture.... the white things you see are just reflections.

Also, how lucky could a gal be... a pic of my Collings & my Weber...

lovethemf5s
Apr-09-2009, 11:24am
Very nice mandolin. You have excellent taste.

Jill McAuley
Apr-09-2009, 9:22pm
The back on your Collings is lovely Barbara, the one one the Gryphon website doesn't have nearly as nice a back as yours does.

Cheers,
Jill

Ivan Kelsall
Apr-11-2009, 12:13am
Great minds indeed Barbara - just hold that thought & well done,
Saska:grin:
PS - I notice that Colling have fitted the MT with what IMHO ,is the best tailpiece around,an Allen,nothing to go wrong with that baby !!.

Patrick Hull
Apr-11-2009, 6:14am
very nice....congratulations