PDA

View Full Version : Nashville Music Legends

Chuck Naill
Apr-03-2009, 8:09pm
Click on photo to enlarge, shot bio sketch below enlarged photo.

Some cool photos of you favorite mandolin pickers including Monroe and Bush.

http://www.nashvilleportraits.com/2007/web-portraits-gallery.html

chuck:)

mandozilla
Apr-04-2009, 12:57am
That's a wonderful collection of photos Chuck, Mr. McGuire is quite a photographer...thanks for sharing. :grin:

:mandosmiley:

Mike Snyder
Apr-04-2009, 1:44am
I've got 30 years of bad heartache for Emmylou. Beautiful girl, woman, singer. That picture just hurts to look at. Thanks, Chuck. Really.

D C Blood
Apr-04-2009, 5:17am
"I've got 30 years of bad heartache for Emmylou"

Oh...you too??

Patrick Hull
Apr-04-2009, 6:25pm
Very nice. May I ask, who is that with Johnny Cash?

Chuck Naill
Apr-04-2009, 6:34pm
Very nice. May I ask, who is that with Johnny Cash?

The evangelist, Billy Graham.

Mr Graham held a revival here in Knoxville around 1971. The John and June were hear. I have always loved Mr Cash's music and especially some that he performed later like, The Man Comes Around and Hurt (Cheryl Crow also recorded this one).

I respect Johnny for his stands and his ability to transcend many attempts to brand him. He was his own man and June was a huge factor in his life.

chuck

Patrick Hull
Apr-04-2009, 6:46pm
I thoiught that was who that was, but wasn't sure how he got in the picture. Oddly, I was thinkng about the same revival at Neyland Stadium on the U of Tenn campus. I also believe it was 1971...may have been 70. I was there. Quite a scene....much demonstrating, a very controversial time. Dr Graham's guest for the revival was one Richard Nixon, then President of the United States.

Chuck Naill
Apr-04-2009, 6:56pm
I thoiught that was who that was, but wasn't sure how he got in the picture. Oddly, I was thinkng about the same revival at Neyland Stadium on the U of Tenn campus. I also believe it was 1971...may have been 70. I was there. Quite a scene....much demonstrating, a very controversial time. Dr Graham's guest for the revival was one Richard Nixon, then President of the United States.

Yes, much demonstration. Being from a rural farming community those hecklers made us all real nervous. One of the highlights for me was sitting beside Suzanne on the church bus.:redface::redface: I was a freshman in HS she was in 8th grade and the hormones were, well you know. :whistling:

chuck

Patrick Hull
Apr-04-2009, 8:22pm
I'm sure the revival cooled the hormones for the ride home....how did things work out with Suzanne?

JeffD
Apr-04-2009, 9:46pm
Some cool photos of you favorite mandolin pickers including Monroe and Bush.

And of course Marty Stuart :mandosmiley:

Peter LaMorte
Apr-04-2009, 10:33pm
That is beyond wonderful, Thanks for posting that.

Ivan Kelsall
Apr-04-2009, 11:00pm
I like the one of Benny Martin,my all-time favourite fiddle player - great photographs,
Saska

Jon Hall
Apr-05-2009, 7:38am
Townes Van Zandt...hauntingly sad.
Rodney Crowell and Roseanne Cash...very cool.