PDA

View Full Version : Post pics of some strap buttons...

Barbara Shultz
Mar-29-2009, 9:36pm
I just got a new beautiful Collings MT2 O, which has a button at the tailpiece, but not one on the (heel?). In discussing straps, some people are loathe to have a strap button put on their instrument.. some say, do it!

So, how 'bout a few pics of those strap buttons on your A bodys?

Thanks!
Barb

Doug Edwards
Mar-29-2009, 9:49pm
This is an Allen button to match the Allen tailpiece button. I bought a couple of Gibson style strap buttons the other day for the mandolins I have in progress. Those were much less expensive and look nice.

Chris Keth
Mar-29-2009, 11:40pm
This is an Allen button to match the Allen tailpiece button. I bought a couple of Gibson style strap buttons the other day for the mandolins I have in progress. Those were much less expensive and look nice.

Not often you hear "Gibson" and "much less expensive" in the same sentence.:))

Doug Edwards
Mar-30-2009, 7:18am
Here's a photo of the Gibson style buttons. They are more compact than what you generally find off shelf.

Don Grieser
Mar-30-2009, 2:02pm
Here's a link to the ebony buttons from Stew Mac. You'll need a felt washer between it and the wood.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Hardware,_parts/Acoustic_guitar:_Bridge_and_endpins/20/Acoustic_Guitar_Bridge_Pins_and_Endpins/Pictures.html#details

Don Grieser
Mar-30-2009, 2:31pm
Here's a blurry photo of the one that came on a Kimble A I used to own. I think it was made by Dude.

Andy Miller
Mar-30-2009, 7:37pm
Here's one on my MT2.

jan281969
Mar-31-2009, 3:44pm
I havn't a photo,however I have found it stays out of the way of the left hand if you go into the back at the neck point.Having tried both on the neck(as guitars)and the back,it is more comfortable on the point of the back.

David Newton
Mar-31-2009, 9:52pm
I run these up for my mandolins, some sort of rosewood.

reverhar
Apr-01-2009, 4:44pm
Here is a picture of a strap button installed on my MT2 O.

Ivan Kelsall
Apr-02-2009, 1:23am
I fitted a strap button to the Weber Beartooth that i once owned.I had to pinch this pic.from the TAMCO site as i've deleted the pic.from my PC - apologies & thanks to Trevor at TAMCO,
Saska

Amandalyn
Apr-02-2009, 8:12pm
Here's my Poe black & blonde ....