PDA

View Full Version : classified restrictions

Jim Nollman
Mar-29-2009, 4:58pm
I posted a TRADE ad a few weeks back, trying to swap a Schertler guitar pickup for a Schertler mandolin pickup. The ad got pulled quickly, because the Schertler-G was for guitars which is not permitted on the Cafe.

I just read that this restriction has been updated a bit, and seems to include electronics for other musical instruments. However, what is now covered, is not totally clear to me. Before I post again, i thought I'd better ask first, if my own trade agrees with this change in rules.

woodwizard
Mar-29-2009, 6:38pm
I thought the only difference in a Schertler DynM for mando's and a Schertler DynG for a guitar is the cord length? :confused:

MikeEdgerton
Mar-29-2009, 6:46pm
Take a look at this (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49687) thread. Your trade will be OK as of April 1st. At that time guitars and guitar parts can be listed.

Scott Tichenor
Mar-29-2009, 8:33pm
Appears it's De javu all over again :whistling:

recon
Mar-29-2009, 8:44pm
Non-mandolin stuff in the classifieds?:disbelief: I think Scott T. is just pulling a very elaborate (including a temporary new interface for the classifieds) April Fools joke on all of the multi-instrumentalists. ;)

Scott Tichenor
Mar-29-2009, 9:24pm
It's no joke.

Jim Nollman
Mar-29-2009, 9:30pm
no, it got pulled with a clear statement from the moderator that no guitar items could be mentioned in the classified

Jim Nollman
Mar-29-2009, 9:36pm
even though i was only trying to get rid of it

MikeEdgerton
Mar-29-2009, 9:51pm
The policy is new, and if Scott says it's OK, then why is this an issue?

Jim Nollman
Mar-30-2009, 12:36pm
not an issue. just seeking clarity between action and new policy.

MikeEdgerton
Mar-30-2009, 12:42pm
Again, the policy is new. The ad was placed a few weeks back. The policy will change on April 1.