PDA

View Full Version : classified restrictions

Jim Nollman
Mar-29-2009, 12:20am
Not realizing that posting certain items might break some of the classified restrictions, about a month ago i put up an ad attempting to trade a Schertler guitar pickup for a Schertler mandolin pickup. It was quickly taken off by an administrator. Today i notice an update, that kind of implies that you have altered that rule to include musical items that deal with electronics. I'm not quite sure if that now includes my attempt at a straight across Schertler trade, so i thought I'd better ask first before posting again. Thanks

danb
Mar-29-2009, 4:25am
Hi Jim,

Is that a monteleone mandocello in your avatar picture? Nice looking instrument!

Scott's going to announce the changes in more details in the next couple of days. We're expanding the scope of the classifieds April 1st, and the details will be posted shortly

Barb Friedland
Mar-29-2009, 6:06am
Hi Jim,

Is that a monteleone mandocello in your avatar picture? Nice looking instrument!

That is one of Ben Wilcox's (BRW) wonderful 3 points.

MikeEdgerton
Mar-29-2009, 6:48am
Not realizing that posting certain items might break some of the classified restrictions, about a month ago i put up an ad attempting to trade a Schertler guitar pickup for a Schertler mandolin pickup. It was quickly taken off by an administrator. Today i notice an update, that kind of implies that you have altered that rule to include musical items that deal with electronics. I'm not quite sure if that now includes my attempt at a straight across Schertler trade, so i thought I'd better ask first before posting again. Thanks

As of April 1st that trade will be acceptable as a classified ad. I see a few folks have already jumped the gun on the guitar to mandolin stuff.

Here (http://www.mandolincafe.com/classifieds/alerts.html#april1) is the page Scott has up describing the changes to the classifieds.

Scott Tichenor
Mar-29-2009, 8:32pm
Appears it's De javu all over again :whistling: