PDA

View Full Version : Breedlove - Made In USA?

29er
Mar-28-2009, 5:02pm
I know the guitars are made in various places, just wondering if the mandolins are all US made or if some of them are made overseas?

MikeEdgerton
Mar-28-2009, 5:11pm
To my knowledge all the mandolins are made in the USA in Bend, Oregon. They go to great lengths to distinguish their imported guitars from the made in USA models. I have one of their Retro guitars (made in Korea) that I bought last week. It's amazingly decent. It actually has made me want to look further at their mandolins.

amowry
Mar-28-2009, 5:40pm
Yep, I'm pretty sure they're all made right here, in their shiny new facility!

MacNichol
Mar-29-2009, 10:11am
Yes, all the mandolins are made in the USA, even the Quartz models, and are considered custom shop instruments. The Quartz are quite spartan. Most noticeably, the Quartz models lack binding, which is a different look, particularly on the natural finish models. You can also go even more spartan and custom order a model without fretboard position markers, as the one in the picture below.

http://macnichol.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/mando7.jpg

jefflester
Mar-30-2009, 5:25pm
The Quartz are quite spartan. Most noticeably, the Quartz models lack binding, which is a different look, particularly on the natural finish models. You can also go even more spartan and custom order a model without fretboard position markers, as the one in the picture below.
For all you MSU basketball fans. :))