PDA

View Full Version : "Ignore User" feature

Scott Tichenor
Mar-21-2009, 12:28pm
Thought I'd post a reminder out here that this forum software allows users the capability to block the viewing of posts by member name. Any time there's a large group of people online there will always be someone some of you find very annoying, and some may find that same member just fascinating and full of delightful information. There's no accounting for taste and everyone gets to set their own. :)

To block a user's posts from being viewed, do:

User CP > Edit Ignore List (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/profile.php?do=ignorelist)

The link above should take you right to where you need to be.

Sorry, you can attempt to block moderators and the site owner, but that's turned off. :grin:

JeffD
Mar-21-2009, 1:43pm
Does the blocked person know he or she is being blocked and by whom?

As opposed to my experience on other sites, I have never felt the need to block anyone on the cafe. Everyone has always been cordial if not down right friendly. (And I trust I have never been blocked, but I might not know if I had.)

Scott Tichenor
Mar-21-2009, 2:12pm
Does the blocked person know he or she is being blocked and by whom?

No.

man dough nollij
Mar-21-2009, 6:10pm
Can you set it to block people based on the number of laughing smilies they use? I'd like to block anyone who uses more than 47. :whistling:

Steve-o
Mar-21-2009, 7:31pm
I have a questions that is only slightly off topic. More like the opposite question. If you invite others to be your "friend," just what does that mean, if anything, in terms of the software?

Scott Tichenor
Mar-21-2009, 11:53pm
I have a questions that is only slightly off topic. More like the opposite question. If you invite others to be your "friend," just what does that mean, if anything, in terms of the software?

You can easily identify your friends when they're online because there's a plus sign by their user name. Also, there's a list in your user CP of those folks in case you want a shortcut to their profile or to send them a PM.

Not in regard to this particular question, but again as I've said many times in this subsection of the message board, if you have clever/silly comments you wish to make, please don't post them in the help/support area. This is for people that have legitimate questions. Posting silly notes just clutters the message.

neal
Mar-22-2009, 7:54am
I can only imagine how many I'm on..... On a positive note, on a uke board from the UK that was self-moderating, it was a useful tool to block a certain troll. Couldn't see any of his replies or posts.