PDA

View Full Version : Bluegrass Content from Iraq

Ole Joe Clark
Mar-18-2009, 5:03pm
Below is a link to a good story about bluegrass and the men and women that are in harms way.

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=53534

Enjoy

Joe

Miked
Mar-18-2009, 8:48pm
Thanks for sharing!

Patrick Sylvest
Mar-18-2009, 9:11pm
Nice story. God Bless and keep the Baghdad Boys!

rnr
Mar-23-2009, 7:32pm
My wife was in that group - she flies in from 15 months in Iraq tomorrow at 4am. I have a new Collings D1 waiting for her! (and a couple cold ones)

CES
Mar-23-2009, 7:41pm
God bless and keep them all...(and not just the musicians) :)

Skip Kelley
Mar-27-2009, 11:43am
Very cool stroy! Thanks for sharing!

Jim Kirkland
Mar-27-2009, 8:07pm
Too good. My daughter deploys to Iraq in July. Probably will not take the fiddle, but if she wants it, shipping will occur. I have a friend that books USO shows. I am retired military, and thought it would be great to do a USO tour with my band. Only issue for me is that we are the caretakers for the 6 yr old grandaughter.

rnr
Mar-28-2009, 12:15am
Send her the fiddle. My wife says in the bluegrass circle that was the one instrument missing - more banjos than anything - second in popularity is the mando - it kind of shocked her that guitars were near the bottom of the rung...

Jim Kirkland
Mar-29-2009, 10:37pm
Send her the fiddle. My wife says in the bluegrass circle that was the one instrument missing - more banjos than anything - second in popularity is the mando - it kind of shocked her that guitars were near the bottom of the rung...

I will talk to her about this. If she doesn't want to take her good fiddle, I will send her one of my fiddles and she can leave it there, when she departs, for someone else.