PDA

View Full Version : Mann Electrics

MANNDOLINS
Mar-16-2009, 11:39pm
I haven't posted any photos here in a while so I thought I'd throw a couple of my latest electrics up. The first is a 5 string in what is called a "Coral Reef" finish. The second one is an 18" scale 5 string Octave/Baritone tuned GDAEB low to high. These things are to much fun....:mandosmiley:

Ken Olmstead
Mar-17-2009, 12:09am
Those are gorgeous!!!

ronalr
Mar-17-2009, 7:52am
Just stunning....congratulations....Jon builds a beautiful Mandolin...I should have my 2 point acoustic in a week or 2...he is finishing it as we speak!!

clem
Mar-18-2009, 10:10am
Now that the "honeymoon period" is over, I must say that my Mann 5 string Octave/Baritone is a glorious tone machine. So responsive and a joy to play. Sounds great with the band and my band mates agree....its killer.

Daniel Nestlerode
Mar-18-2009, 12:58pm
Great looking work!
And after severely tweaking a Telecaster to conform more or less to an 18" scale with a GDAEB tuning (by removing the e string, tuning DAEBF#, and using a capo on the 5th fret), my MAS is getting tweaked severely!
Sometimes I feel like us 'lectric players are relegated to the bottom of the page (so to speak). Thanks for shining a light on it.

Daniel

joshua collum
Mar-18-2009, 1:19pm
That coral reef finish is beautiful!!

amowry
Mar-18-2009, 5:29pm
Nice curves! I'll take one of each.