PDA

View Full Version : latest Silverangel economando

kyken
Mar-16-2009, 5:07pm
Here's the latest econo from my shop strung up today.........

John M. Riley
Mar-16-2009, 5:32pm
wow, that looks great! i bet its a hoss. I still get compliments on my distressed f model everytime i play it out.

Michael Cameron
Mar-16-2009, 5:57pm
Ken B.
Is that econo A for sale?

Bet it's sold already.

I've been able to play an F-style Silver Angel every week at a local jam. I have to say it has gotten my undivided attention! It's got the sound/playability,etc. in spades.

The one I've played has a small soundhole(stylalized "R") in the middle of the soundboard.

That's a beaut.

Jim DeSalvio
Mar-16-2009, 6:15pm
I am proud to say, that one is mine! Looking forward to getting to play it soon.

Ken....it looks great!

Jim

Steve-o
Mar-16-2009, 6:36pm
Outstanding Ken. A nice gesture and smart business idea in this down economy... If I was in the market, I'd be hooked!

kyken
Mar-16-2009, 6:55pm
I'll be posting some pics in a few days of my econodepressed model. Same mando but with binding on the back too, Orrico and oil varnished distressed.
Thanks.............

Patrick Sylvest
Mar-16-2009, 8:35pm
Beautiful instrument! I can't wait to see the distressed model, or depressed, for this economy. Clever, Ken!

Michael Hunter
Mar-17-2009, 9:14am
Ken,

Each time you post one of these it makes me glad I placed my order when I did! Wonderful looking work.

Mike Hunter

DryBones
Mar-17-2009, 9:46am
Ken,
Making any lefty economandos?

kyken
Mar-17-2009, 10:06am
no problem with leftys, all are rightys so far though.

wildpikr
Mar-17-2009, 10:11am
I am proud to say, that one is mine! Looking forward to getting to play it soon.

Ken....it looks great!

Jim

That's a nice looking mandolin...bet it sounds good too!

Jim, I tried to reply to your home email about the silverangel sound...it came back to me with an error message so sent it to your PM here on the cafe...did you get it?

:mandosmiley:

Jim DeSalvio
Mar-17-2009, 10:33am
Mike,

I did get the message here at the Cafe, and responded to it. For some reason, we can't get this e-mail thing sorted out. I appreciate the feedback on your mandolin. I'll try to establish contact again via the private message channel, and give you my e-mail address again.

Jim

jasona
Mar-17-2009, 12:56pm
Very attractive desaljs! Hope you enjoy it. Please report back when you get it!

Skip Kelley
Mar-17-2009, 1:29pm
Ken, That is one sweet mando!!! I love your dark sunburst!!:)

Elliot Luber
Mar-17-2009, 2:00pm
So how econo is an econo Silver Angel? I have no doubt it's good.

crazymandolinist
Mar-17-2009, 2:05pm
THAT...IS...EPIC!!! :disbelief:

Normally I don't say things like that but I must say that burst is amazing! Loving the small dots too! And the tailpiece! AAAHHH!!!!

Patrick Sylvest
Mar-17-2009, 2:09pm
http://www.silverangelmandolins.com/pricing.html

Mark Walker
Mar-18-2009, 9:40am
Ken B.
Is that econo A for sale?

I've been able to play an F-style Silver Angel every week at a local jam. I have to say it has gotten my undivided attention! It's got the sound/playability,etc. in spades.

The one I've played has a small soundhole(stylalized "R") in the middle of the soundboard.

That's a beaut.

Michael - as in a third soundhole - in addition to the F-holes? Ken made some 'three-hole' mandolins for a short while. I don't know if he's ever made a single oval-hole or single center-hole model yet. His instruments certainly have a reputation for a loud and bright yet 'woody' sound and tone. From the dozen or more I've played, an 'average' one sounds as good as or better than most anything else around.

Ken - all these new mandolins look great - the A-style economandos and the Fantasmas! Keep up the great work! :)

kyken
Mar-18-2009, 10:47am
Thanks Mark, I'll be showing an econodepressed model soon, my little package of economic stimulus!:)):)):):))