PDA

View Full Version : Ad Headers in classifieds blocked by software

Scott Tichenor
Mar-15-2009, 4:12pm
Have had two reports of the new enlarged headings for the classifieds being blocked by various ad blocker programs.

Jamie Stanek, one of our moderators reported how he solved this issue:

I have an idea about the classifieds headers. I'm using Firefox with the Ad Blocker Plus add on.

I opened the classified page and then the full view with all of the ads showing (minus the headers). Then I right clicked on the ABP icon a the far right of my menu bar (it looks like a Stop sign with ABP in it) and selected "Open Blockable Items" and that listed all of the elements on the page. I looked at the disabled one, IIRC it was marked disabled, and right clicked on it to make it viewable or undisabled. I refreshed the page and the headers were there.

Another thing to try to use the right click option for Disable on this Page or Disable for www.mandolincafe.com options.

That's how I got my headers back.

----------

Also, for those of you that might be using browsers like Netscape 3.X versions--yes, according to my Google Analytics account, a few of you are--know that not only this site, but most of the internet is now using technologies that those really old browsers cannot render. Always good to be reasonably up to date on your software.

Please, only post replies here if they deal with this specific issue.

Phil Goodson
Mar-15-2009, 8:04pm
This worked great for me. (Firefox w/ Adblock Plus) Thanks Scott.