PDA

View Full Version : come see about me

billkilpatrick
Mar-12-2009, 1:47pm
"come see about me" - holland-dozier-holland tune sung by the supremes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iidDKt1tpQw

... i think the chord progression is: D#-G#-E#m-B#m and (i think) G#-Bb-D# - but wouldn't take it hard if someone were to correct me. what i play sounds ok with the original but i'm not sure i've identified the chords properly.

if - prior to finding the mandolin - someone were to say i'd be playing supreme songs in my dotage i'd probably say it'll never happen.

- bill*

Jake Wildwood
Mar-12-2009, 2:41pm
Once you've made enough of these videos I'm going to rip down the audio from them and burn up a "Songs I Learned to Love in NYC" BK album. ;)

You do these far better than the originals!

chasray
Mar-12-2009, 9:56pm
Very enjoyable and brings back great memories. You're pickin' some classics. You have me curious about what you'll do next! Will it be "My Girl?" or "It's a Beautiful Morning"? Stay tuned.

billkilpatrick
Mar-13-2009, 3:58am
thank, chap's ... for my next number i'm going to step outside with my weedwhacker and do battle with a surge of prickly undergrowth.

spring has sprung - bill

lenf12
Mar-13-2009, 12:28pm
May I ask why D#, G#, E#m and B#m? Why not Eb, Ab, Fm and Cm? Same chords, same tonality, different names. I, IV, ii and vi in the key of Eb makes it simpler to my tiny brain.

Len B.
Clearwater, FL

billkilpatrick
Mar-13-2009, 1:18pm
May I ask why D#, G#, E#m and B#m? Why not Eb, Ab, Fm and Cm? Same chords, same tonality, different names. I, IV, ii and vi in the key of Eb makes it simpler to my tiny brain.

Len B.
Clearwater, FL

thank you len - that's what i was looking for. D moved up meant D# to me but i wasn't sure if i'd identified it (key or chords) correctly. grazie mille - bill*

lenf12
Mar-13-2009, 1:27pm
da nada - Len B. ;-)