PDA

View Full Version : Compton has a sense of humor!

Ken Olmstead
Mar-07-2009, 1:11am
He made my weekend!!

NSaz0B7cJGk

CES
Mar-07-2009, 1:28am
:)):)):grin:

:crying: (because I can't play that well)

~:>

Fretbear
Mar-07-2009, 4:27am
O.K., now play it up to speed.......

Ivan Kelsall
Mar-07-2009, 5:55am
I'd need to disguise myself if i played that badly (LOL!!!!!!) - I WISH i played that badly,great clip Kenneth,
Saska :grin:

pigpen
Mar-07-2009, 7:25am
Man, everytime that I see this guy play, I'm blown away. He has absolutely NO wasted motion in his right or left hand.

Fantastic!

Ken Olmstead
Mar-07-2009, 10:05am
Man, everytime that I see this guy play, I'm blown away. He has absolutely NO wasted motion in his right or left hand.

Fantastic!

Yeah, I noticed that to, he knows how to make the economy work! :grin:

Is that an A50 he is playing? Sounds pretty dang good!

Mike Bunting
Mar-07-2009, 12:42pm
Is that an A50 he is playing? Sounds pretty dang good!
I believe it's a Gilchrist AJr.

mandozilla
Mar-07-2009, 12:50pm
HaHa ! That's a riot. :)) About a bizillion years ago there was this neophyte flatpicker I picked with who played very well but fell apart on stage. :redface:

Someone suggested to him to wear the Groucho Marx glasses/nose/
moustache thing when on stage just like the ones Mike's wearing in that video and guess what...it worked! He didn't need to wear them for long but it definately got him over his stage fright. :grin:

I wonder if Mike will be wearing those at the NBB concert I'm going to tonight?
:))

:mandosmiley:

mtucker
Mar-07-2009, 8:12pm
O.K., now play it up to speed.......

great post...i think he's as good as this guy, in the most respectful way... 'carrying the torch', so to speak.

9NcCgsAMxhs

F5G WIZ
Mar-08-2009, 7:11pm
I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Compton at the Monroe style camp last Sept. we were in Rosine and I handed him my Mando and pick so he could show someone something, he played with it a little bit and looked down at my pick kinda funny. I said "It's a wegen." he handed it back to me and said "Well it's a Wegen me out." I thought that was funny. He is pretty quick witted.

Frank Russell
Mar-09-2009, 5:59pm
Mike has always cracked me up, that's why he is my avatar. Frank

mandozilla
Mar-10-2009, 11:05am
He's quick witted and sometimes his humor is subtle. :confused:

The other night he was having a good time during the panel discussion as well as during their performance on stage...at times he seemed to be a bit devilish...in a good way. Several times the audience was LingIAO. :))

:mandosmiley: