PDA

View Full Version : Mike Marshall

sloanypal
Mar-06-2009, 12:17pm
I just checked the Cedar Cultural Center (Minneapolis) website just to make sure of the time of the show tonight for Mike Marshall and his Big Trio. It had been updated to list some special guests:Caterina Lichtenberg, Mirko Schrader, and Peter Ostroushko! I was pumped already but now I'm REALLY pumped. This is going to be a great show.

mandopete
Mar-06-2009, 3:16pm
I have been listening to the new recording all day and it gets better each time I listen to it. I have always been a fan of the trio format and this group does not disappoint.

Mike is at the the top of his game.

woodwizard
Mar-06-2009, 4:08pm
Sloan! Lucky you!

tango_grass
Mar-06-2009, 4:50pm
Mike is at the the top of his game.

Yeah, he really is. Between, Psychograss at River City, and Choro Famoso, and Big Trio, and Midnight shows, and Duos, and latenight Jams, and Bach and everything else at Wintergrass, He's got it going on.

Nice guy too. :) Enjoy the show tonight!! :mandosmiley:

Dragonflyeye
Mar-06-2009, 5:08pm
I'm going to be there too, and I am crazed with excitement!

Anita

(Maybe mandocafe users should all wear their Cafe hats? Wait - I don't have one!)

groveland
Mar-07-2009, 12:48am
A fine time was had by all. Big Trio and Mike Marshall REALLY know how to connect the dots. REALLY. Spectacular tunes and playing, Marshall is an excellent host, loved charming Caterina, and Mike and Caterina did some wonderful duets. Peter O was much fun and passionate. Looks like most of the Minnesota Mandolin Orchestra was in the audience. A very fine time.

Chicago's tomorrow night. Go if you get the chance.

dj coffey
Mar-07-2009, 9:56am
Yes, it was a great concert! The Twin Cities mando community did us proud - I hear it was a sold out performance.

I understand that there will be a webcast for the Chicago performance. Apparently you can sign into the webcast about 10 minutes prior to the performance. Their concert starts at 7:30 pm

I enjoyed last night so much, I may have to do the webcast tonight! :)

The info for the webcast is here:

http://pickstaiger.org/index.php/webcasts

kmiller1610
Mar-07-2009, 12:04pm
Marshall is such a great ambassador, collaborator and performer. Sometimes I think his goal in life is to have played with everyone he can on very continent he can travel into.

If he lives long enough, I expect an album titled "Into Outer Space..."

Maria
Mar-07-2009, 3:18pm
The promoter for the show last night wrote about it in his blog, and just sent me this link (http://cedarmusicblog.blogspot.com/).

groveland
Mar-08-2009, 2:50pm
For me, probably the best thing about the event is that the magic was big at front row center where we were seated, and my daughter was absolutely captivated by it - Afterward she enthusiastically proclaimed that Big Trio is a Must Have for her iPod.

Big Trio has huge appeal.