PDA

View Full Version : Fretboard Journal

aphillips
Mar-03-2009, 2:35am
Ok so this is actually about harmonicas but...So I'm probably a little behind, but I just picked up the Winter Issue and happened to flip it open to p. 10 and saw a pic of Tom ball with Kenny Sultan. Tom is an amazing harmonica player who played on two of the tracks of my album. He just happens to be could friends with my engineer and so he put the tracks down for next to nothing.
Anyway, he played on Swing Low, Sweet Chariot and Never Grow Old on my album and a plethora of his own if you want to check him out. He and Kenny Sultan are pretty much an institution around here.

Bob DeVellis
Mar-05-2009, 8:35pm
Have I missed the thread, or has no one yet acknowledged the great piece by Dan Beimborn in the latest issue?

JEStanek
Mar-05-2009, 9:04pm
Bob, here's the article on Dan's Wiens 23 (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48787&highlight=wiens)

Jamie

Bob DeVellis
Mar-07-2009, 10:15pm
Thanks, Jamie. I thought I must have missed it and, sure enough...

clem
Mar-09-2009, 11:47am
Getting back to Tom & Kenny, we did a really fun blues project together when I worked at Patagonia. They were a joy to play and work with!! Both incredibly talented and nice guys. And, Tom's book of "nasty" blues songs in one of my prized possessions (great tunes and text, with illustrations by R. Crumb).