PDA

View Full Version : Too Good to Be True... as always

f5loar
Feb-28-2009, 2:27pm
This scammer hit ebay big time last night with 9 pages full of vintage stuff belonging to other people who ran their legit ads weeks ago. As usual, low starting bid, free shipping and a contact seller before bidding or bid not accepted and then the killer By It Now price for a fraction of it's worth. Here is the 1950 F5 for BIN at $1200
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260369416078
PS: I've already reported this guy so it won't stay up long.

f#54
Feb-28-2009, 2:42pm
As I am liking the Bighorn Weber right now, I was excited to see this one this morning
http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-Weber-Bighorn
Same scammer, Dogonit

f5loar
Feb-28-2009, 4:21pm
Yeah he had some good ones for $1200 BIN. I saw vintage F4s, F2s even that rare black Carlson signed F5L.
And that's just mandolins. He had bass guitars that belonged to Randy Jackson(of American Idol fame). Flying Vs., Martins. A very impressive scam list coving 9 ebay pages but....... within 2 hours of me reporting a few of the mandolins ebay has pulled all of them.

JeffD
Feb-28-2009, 4:47pm
within 2 hours of me reporting a few of the mandolins ebay has pulled all of them.

Good job!!

f5loar
Feb-28-2009, 5:44pm
Seems I was not the only one to notice and get him ousted. I read over on the banjohangout.com that today someone else also noticed some high end banjos going cheap and reported the same scammer. While this one was only posted for a scam for 8 hours it was a 3 day auction. I guess it's possible to run the full 3 days without being caught by guys like us reporting it.

Mandolin
Mar-02-2009, 2:27pm
I emailed him about it and He said he had to sell fast because he is getting a divorce and needs the money quick. That is why everything is so cheap. I looked up his ad Title and found that gibson for sale for 7k. He didn't change anything about the ad.

Eddie Sheehy
Mar-02-2009, 5:59pm
Yeah he had some good ones for $1200 BIN. I saw vintage F4s, F2s even that rare black Carlson signed F5L.
And that's just mandolins. He had bass guitars that belonged to Randy Jackson(of American Idol fame). Flying Vs., Martins. A very impressive scam list coving 9 ebay pages but....... within 2 hours of me reporting a few of the mandolins ebay has pulled all of them.

Why is a Carlson-signed Black F5-L rare?

barney 59
Mar-02-2009, 7:00pm
It's the old Lloyd Lure! Is this a phishing scam or do you think he actually expects people to go through with the deal?

f5loar
Mar-02-2009, 8:22pm
Why is a Black finish F5L rare? How many have you seen in your lifetime? If the answer is less then 3 then it's pretty darn rare in the world of F5s. This one he listed is the only one I know about.