PDA

View Full Version : New Posts

Womandolin
Feb-27-2009, 2:01pm
I thought I had it figured out but I guess not. When I click on new posts, it seems that threads that were last updated by me are not there. (they seem to reappear when someone else posts after me) But then I saw a thread that I had posted last in on the new posts page. I've been avoiding asking such a silly question but it's driving me bananas looking for my threads.

MikeEdgerton
Feb-27-2009, 2:28pm
Threads you posted in won't be visible again under New Posts until someone else has posted in them. If you're looking for something from earlier in the day select Quick Links then Today's Posts.

mandozilla
Mar-13-2009, 2:30am
I was adding a photo to my photo album and I clicked on something, I don't know what it was, anyway all the photos in my album disappeared and now I can't see anybody's avatars. HELP! I'm sure it's a simple fix but I'm a computer bonehead and can't figure out how to undo it.

Thanks in advance.

MikeEdgerton
Mar-13-2009, 7:47am
Click on Quick Links, Edit Options, and then scroll down to Thread Display Options. Make sure that Show Signatures, Show Avatars, and Show images are all checked. Then scroll down below that and click on the Save Changes button.

mandozilla
Mar-13-2009, 10:32am
Thanks Mike
I followed your directions and the Show Signatures, Avatars, & Images were already selected. Well I hit save changes anyway but nothing has changed.

MikeEdgerton
Mar-13-2009, 11:39am
Thanks Mike
I followed your directions and the Show Signatures, Avatars, & Images were already selected. Well I hit save changes anyway but nothing has changed.

OK, let me have Scott and Dan look at this, I'm not sure what has been done.

mandozilla
Mar-13-2009, 11:44am
Thanks Mike

eadg145
Mar-13-2009, 12:14pm
Hey, Mike! Along the lines of the "New Posts" thing, might it be possible to add a "New Posts" link at the *bottom* of each page as well as the top? I use New Posts to read at the 'Cafe, and I always have to scroll back up to the top of the page to get to the "New Posts" link once I'm done with a multi-page thread. A link at the bottom sure would be convenient!

cheers,

David

MikeEdgerton
Mar-13-2009, 1:03pm
There's a link on the bottom that takes you back to the top (very bottom RH corner). Scott will see this as he's been pointed to the thread for the other problem. I'm sure he'll weigh in.

ShaneJ
Mar-13-2009, 5:47pm
While we're on the subject, I'll add my .02 on the new posts function. I like it better when it doesn't hide threads I've already looked at. If I were the Cafe' god, I'd fix it so that when you click New Posts you would get a list of the posts since your last visit, and the list would include every post in chronological order whether you've read it, posted in it, or not even looked at it.

Since I'm not the Cafe god though, I just go with the flow. :)

MikeEdgerton
Mar-13-2009, 6:06pm
While we're on the subject, I'll add my .02 on the new posts function. I like it better when it doesn't hide threads I've already looked at. If I were the Cafe' god, I'd fix it so that when you click New Posts you would get a list of the posts since your last visit, and the list would include every post in chronological order whether you've read it, posted in it, or not even looked at it. Since I'm not the Cafe god though, I just go with the flow. :)

You can get close to that by going to Quick Links and clicking Today's Posts. It's right at the top of the list, one click away from what you want. That's very close to the old Cafe's New Posts function.

Scott Tichenor
Mar-13-2009, 7:59pm
I was adding a photo to my photo album and I clicked on something, I don't know what it was, anyway all the photos in my album disappeared and now I can't see anybody's avatars. HELP! I'm sure it's a simple fix but I'm a computer bonehead and can't figure out how to undo it.

Thanks in advance.

I heard back from this user and it turned out to be a virus protection issues which we're now working through. We have this problem from time to time on the classifieds, and that usually the culprit. Just wanted folks to see this in case anyone else is experiencing the same problem.

Also, I had one report that the new format of the classifieds is hiding the headings of each ad, but that's adblocker software that's doing that. Haven't had any other reports of this so far, just one, but good to know these things.

journeybear
Mar-14-2009, 12:17pm
I thought I had it figured out but I guess not. When I click on new posts, it seems that threads that were last updated by me are not there. (they seem to reappear when someone else posts after me) But then I saw a thread that I had posted last in on the new posts page. I've been avoiding asking such a silly question but it's driving me bananas looking for my threads.

I find my posts two ways:

1) Go to your user profile (click on your name on the welcome page), click on Statistics, and then click on either posts by yourself or threads started by you. This will throw off the count of the visitors to your page, if you care about that.

2) Go to any thread you've posted to, find one of your posts, click on your name, and the drop down menu gives you a few choices including find more posts by you. If you can't remember the exact name of the thread you can search on keywords, or look for a frequent poster and stumble along till you get where you wanted to go.

And now that I've posted to a thread, you know what I can do? (Hint: See #2) ;)