PDA

View Full Version : My New Webster Mandolin

hubbbbard
Feb-24-2009, 11:24pm
Here are some pictures of a mandolin I just received yesterday. It was handmade for me by W.K. Webster from Boones Mill, VA.. (#10) The top is built out of Engelmann Spruce.. sides, back, neck out of Maple. I've been playin the heck out of it since I got my hands on it and am very pleased with it. Overall, it has a great sound.. loud.. nice chop.. plays great.. and in my opinion it's his best mandolin yet. I can't wait to continue playing it and I'm sure the sound will continue getting better as well. Thanks for checking it out!

Dan Douris
Apr-05-2011, 11:36am
Here are some pictures of a mandolin I just received yesterday. It was handmade for me by W.K. Webster from Boones Mill, VA.. (#10) The top is built out of Engelmann Spruce.. sides, back, neck out of Maple. I've been playin the heck out of it since I got my hands on it and am very pleased with it. Overall, it has a great sound.. loud.. nice chop.. plays great.. and in my opinion it's his best mandolin yet. I can't wait to continue playing it and I'm sure the sound will continue getting better as well. Thanks for checking it out!

Still have the Webster mandolin? I took a shot since the price was so good (shop worn) and bought Webster #19. The top is WV red spruce and other then the cosmetic flaws like the small gap between the fret board and neck it is a loud bluegrass mando for sure!

crazymandolinist
Apr-05-2011, 12:04pm
Does it have a lot of "definition"? ;)

Ben Somerville
Apr-05-2011, 12:22pm
Congrats!

Denny Gies
Apr-05-2011, 12:43pm
Nice mando. Have fun with it.

bernabe
Apr-05-2011, 1:21pm
Enjoy!!