PDA

View Full Version : Me and my 1953 Levin

Derrick
Feb-14-2009, 11:41am
Here's some pics of me playing in my Irish folkband Cloggy Dew with my 1953 Levin (style 42) that I purchased last year. I had a fishman bluegrass pickup installed. I have an equaliser between the mandolin and the mixer to make the sound a bit sweeter.

billkilpatrick
Feb-14-2009, 11:47am
nice looking instrument - always tempted when a levin pops up on ebay. any sound samples? ... youtube? - bill

Jake Wildwood
Feb-15-2009, 10:59am
Levins are awesome instruments... I've always wanted to be able to keep one. :)

Jill McAuley
Feb-15-2009, 5:01pm
There's a lovely looking oval hole Levin at Bernunzio's but I've been put off by the fact that it has had what looks to be two repaired neck fractures (near the peg head, and down near the heel).

Cheers,
Jill

Derrick
Feb-15-2009, 8:03pm
nice looking instrument - always tempted when a levin pops up on ebay. any sound samples? ... youtube? - bill

Sorry when we recorded our album I was still playing a different mandolin. I only have very ###### live recordings which won't be much good to you. But I could make a little recording myself this week if I can find the time. I'll post it here. Can't do it now since I left most of my equipment at a band member's house after today's gig.

All the best!
Derrick