PDA

View Full Version : Red Diamond

Michael Cameron
Feb-08-2009, 9:25pm
Tried to paste pics of Red Diamond #61. Have been unsuccessful in many attempts.

Red Diamond,red spruce,red maple...hot,animal,hide,glue.

Cannot load pics.

Michael Cameron
Feb-08-2009, 9:34pm
Always worked before...

Full moon ?

JEStanek
Feb-08-2009, 10:25pm
Have you uploaded these here before? If so you'll get an error message linking to the posts containing the images. Or, are you linking to them instead of uploading them? Some web hosts display multiple sizes of the same image and end the URL for the image with some bits after the .jpg. Get rid of the extra bits and they should work (at least Snapfish I believe is like that).

Jamie

Steevarino
Feb-08-2009, 10:52pm
C'Mon Cam! You can do it! Don's mandolins are always a treat to look at. Try harder, Mon!!!

Steevarino@aol.com

Michael Cameron
Feb-08-2009, 10:56pm
Hey Jamie!

I have uploaded to here(not linking/not same pics) many times before,same way(photobucket). I will try later.

New pics. I got no "error" message.
Using Photobucket,as before;but,no luck(?)

Will try later to get rid of extra bits.

Thanks for your reply!

Jamie,those bowl-backs are really cool! Whole 'nother thang,to me.

Michael Cameron
Feb-09-2009, 10:14am
I know you've all seen ol' #61 (Sambo) before;but,these are NEW pics!

Must be doing something wrong/different...

Not gonna quit trying...wouldn't be prudent at this juncture.

Hmmm.

Jim Roberts
Feb-09-2009, 10:39am
In the mean time...here is vintage F5 number 193. Don MacRostie is a great guy and is so passionate about the mandolin. He is real gentleman and a pleasure to do business with.

Micheael; shoot me an e-mail and I might be able to help you post a pic.

fredfrank
Feb-09-2009, 6:49pm
Beautiful instrument, Jim! Guess I'll have to quit playing on the internet and go pick the mandolin now.

Rick Schmidlin
Feb-09-2009, 7:01pm
Red Diamonds are great I see there is one for sale in the classifieds,and what a surpise.

Chris Biorkman
Feb-09-2009, 8:50pm
That's a nice mandolin. I'm kind of intrigued by his replica series, but if I got anything else, I might end up on the wrong side of an episode of Forensic Files.

Michael Cameron
Feb-12-2009, 3:10pm
OK,I have some news(I know everyone is waiting with baited breath on this).

My lap-top is an Apple MacBook Pro. Currently I am unable to *copy& paste* ANYTHING.
No idea why that may be.

Anyone have any suggestions? (get a new computer is NOT an option).

This problem is cramping what little style I have/had.

Calling Dr. Bombay. Come in Dr. Bombay.

Over.

Dfyngravity
Feb-12-2009, 3:32pm
If you have them image in iphoto you can simply attach the image in your post. If the photo is not in iphoto and is on the web some where like photobucket or something similar, click on the image with two fingers (this is = to a right click on a non Mac) and then choose "add image to iphoto library". Once you have done that you can simply attach the image in a post.

To copy and past you can use the two finger click as well or use the "command" key plus the "c" key to copy and then command and v to paste. If this is not working, I don't know.....?

Michael Cameron
Feb-12-2009, 3:52pm
In the mean time...here is vintage F5 number 193. Don MacRostie is a great guy and is so passionate about the mandolin. He is real gentleman and a pleasure to do business with.

Micheael; shoot me an e-mail and I might be able to help you post a pic.

Red Diamond Vintage...WOW! Yep. Nice. Thanks for the pic! Got my first Red Diamond circa 1992. Mmmm hide glue.

Thanks for the photo/computer suggestions,fellas. I've posted pics here for years on the same 'puter. I'm not giving up! I cannot copy&paste ANYTHING ANYWHERE;so,it's a genuine techno-SNAFU.(F owled U pp).

More news as it happens.

sheesh

My apologies for hijacking my own thread. I HATE that.