PDA

View Full Version : Collings MF5

Eddie Sheehy
Jan-31-2009, 1:00pm
Check THIS (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&&item=130284672497&ssPageName=ADME:B:ONA:US:1120) out!

Rick Schmidlin
Jan-31-2009, 1:11pm
Looks good if it can had for under 5.

LVH
Feb-01-2009, 1:48pm
I love the collings in a weber case look :)

Beautiful mandolin. I'm sure it will go for more than 3k, there are already 20 bids and it has 4 1/2 days left. if it 3k buy it now it would be on my way to my house right................now.

Joe Singleton
Feb-23-2009, 12:08pm
I'm a bit confused. I followed the auction and saw it ended Feb. 5th with a "winning" bid of $3900. Now it is back up for auction, and the "completed auction listing" is no where to be found in the system. Anyone know how this is done? I looked back at my email notifications for "auctions ending soon" updates to confirm that it is the same "sold" mandolin. Any thoughts ebay users?

Mandobar
Feb-23-2009, 12:11pm
shill bidding is this guy's speciality. he was kicked off ebay once before for ending no reserve auctions at the last minute when he felt the price was too low. i suspect that now he has people bidding to "win" the item so that he can relist it. from what i understand he is a car dealer from the georgia florida area.

barney 59
Feb-23-2009, 2:32pm
He has a Given's A-3 listed right now with something like a $3500 buy it now. It went around once with no takers and he has just relisted it. Does anyone know what year Given's began building in Idaho?

Eddie Sheehy
Feb-24-2009, 12:13am
Just about ALL his mando listings have been "won" - hard to see who by since it is a PRIVATE AUCTION - no names displayed (not even the coded ones). I assume if he's not happy with the winning bid he bids a high "reserve price" that of course has to be beaten. If it's not beaten, he files a non-payment by mutual consent with Ebay and relists at no cost - doesn't even have to pay extra for a RESERVE, and the process starts all over... gets kinda frustrating after a while...

Joe Singleton
Feb-27-2009, 10:55am
The Collings MT2R is back after "selling" on Feb 9th. draw your own conclusions

Eddie Sheehy
Feb-28-2009, 3:20pm
The MF5 has sold... let's see if it comes back on....

mritter
Mar-01-2009, 2:36pm
I had bid on it until I couldn't an answer from him regarding the ding on it. I retracted my bid.

mritter
Mar-04-2009, 3:29pm
Anybody here win this one?

Douglas Udell
Mar-04-2009, 9:36pm
I bid on this the first time around and when I saw it again I asked him why it was back up for sale. He said the first bidder didn't like the sound. I decided not to bid again. I'm interested to see if it gets back up again. He got a few hundred more this time around.

Douglas