PDA

View Full Version : '62 Fender Electric

F-2 Dave
Jan-28-2009, 7:21pm
Well, it says post a picture of your mandolin so here goes...
The strap bucke was a gift from a buddy. I thought it was cool.

stratman62
Jan-28-2009, 9:20pm
Dave I have a 62 also but no fancy buckle. Nice mando.

TonyEarth
May-20-2010, 10:59am
wow! that looks awesome. i saw one of these on a youtube video. they don't sell them anymore do they?.. are they expensive?

Dfyngravity
May-20-2010, 1:06pm
wow! that looks awesome. i saw one of these on a youtube video. they don't sell them anymore do they?.. are they expensive?

Nop, they sure don't. They are fairly rare and yes as far as Fender emandos go they are expensive. But in the realm of emandos they are not all that expensive.

Sam Bush is probably the reason why they are so sought after. He does an OK job with his...:whistling::mandosmiley:

TonyEarth
May-22-2010, 11:47am
aaw shucks. i would have liked on of these! although i probably wouldn't be able to afford it. and gee, thats amazing. can you get that kind of sound (the rock-like elec. mandolin solo in the first video) on any mandolin? like a mandocaster or a mandobird? or does it have to be of better quality?

Dfyngravity
May-22-2010, 2:29pm
Absolutely! Though the player does have a bit to do with it. But between having a nice pickup and a nice rig to play it through, you have really can get some great sounds. With acoustics, it's all about the instrument but like an electric guitar, an emando can change drastically with different pickups, cable, amps, pedal...ect.