Jan-27-2009, 2:07pm
These are headed over the pond today...
I don't know why, but it is always hard to say goodbye. :crying:

mandopete
Jan-27-2009, 2:09pm
All three at once? They are gorgeous!

Dfyngravity
Jan-27-2009, 2:13pm
Austin, you are building some fantastic looking wooden boxes. I have been drooling on my keyboard for some time now, ever since I saw your first two pointer.

Hopefully they are not being used as the paddles for the boat that's crossing the pond, if that's the case I think you should send them my way so I could put them to better use...:))

sgarrity
Jan-27-2009, 2:15pm
The body shape of your A-styles is perfect. A true teardrop shape. And that oval hole is beautiful!
I hope I run into a Clark owner some day and get to play one!

Kevin Briggs
Jan-27-2009, 2:31pm
You'd better send them to me first. I think they need to be inspected for about a month each. Better yet, just send one complimentary. I promise I'll make some YouTube videos about it!

JEStanek
Jan-27-2009, 3:01pm
I'm tempted to also chime in with an offer to evaluate for QC reasons... Dang. Those look great Austin. Congratulations to the new owners. I'm similarly impressed with the oval holed mandolin.

Jamie

amowry
Jan-27-2009, 3:25pm
Those look fantastic, Austin! I love the sunburst color.

Skip Kelley
Jan-27-2009, 3:27pm
Austin, Those mandolins look awesome! I love your sunburst colors!

Michael Cameron
Jan-27-2009, 3:27pm
Yup,I would cry if I had to send them away;but,I'm sure they have found a nice home.

I'm a sucker for black-top mandolins.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w13/mdc50/Red%20Diamond%20with%20aluminum%20bridge-saddle/IMG_0296.jpg

All of those are gorgeous,Austin!

It's good to be a mandolin picker in this golden-age.

Joe F
Jan-27-2009, 3:29pm
When I received my Clark F5 last May, I thought my MAS was cured for good.

Looking at that oval hole A, now I'm not so sure.

sgarrity
Jan-27-2009, 3:45pm
When I received my Clark F5 last May, I thought my MAS was cured for good.

Looking at that oval hole A, now I'm not so sure.

It might be in remission for a while but it's never cured.....especially with mandolins like these constantly popping up!

Ken Olmstead
Jan-27-2009, 9:44pm
Austin, those are beautiful! Nice work!!

herbsandspices
Jan-27-2009, 9:53pm
Wow - beautiful, Austin! I too love the way the sunbursts turned out - the color is great.

Thanks for sharing!

john

Mark Walker
Jan-28-2009, 8:17am
Ditto everyone else. I really like that oval-hole! :) Keep up the great work!

Michael Cameron
Jan-28-2009, 7:56pm
The pics that Ted put up of his "JM"? mando ...woof.

How do you DO that?

Trey Young
Jan-28-2009, 9:41pm
any chance of a sound clip of that oval hole before it gets shipped off? those all look great, but yeah that oval is real nice...

Austin Clark
Jan-29-2009, 12:09pm
Thanks all,for the nice comments!

Though that oval looks like a blacktop (even up close), if you put it under a bright light it has this cool deeep dark chocolatey red color. I like to mix blacks rather than use a straight black. Plus, it is a dye so the grain is visible as well.

The A5 is varnished, the other two are lacquer.

PhilTod
Jan-30-2009, 12:42am
Wow-Really gorgeous instruments! Looks like a lot of tender loving care went into those beauties.....

Michael Wolf
Jan-30-2009, 4:15am
really wonderful Manos, and it´s nice that they will travel to our side of the pond. I suspect that they´ll go to Travor in Brighton. So we may have some sound files of these on Trevor`s site in the next time (April, referring to his site), because he plans to let someone to play in sound files of his instruments. I hope that they´ll stay in the shop long enough to make these recordings.

trevor
Jan-30-2009, 2:19pm
Yes, expecting them soon, very excited, will report back.

trevor
Feb-18-2009, 3:18am
They arrived ten days ago and are as spectacular as expected. Two are sold already so it would appear that my customers agree. Details are now on my website.