PDA

View Full Version : Dan Hicks and DGQ at Yoshis

MandoNicity
Jan-22-2009, 9:06pm
Dan Hicks & The Hot Licks
"TANGLED TALES" TOUR
with SPECIAL GUEST DAVID GRISMAN

Just saw this posted on the Hicksters forum. I've been a huge fan of Dans since his first album and have seen him a bunch of times. He's an amazingly witty, funny laid back musician cat with a soul full of swing. He usually has a fiddle/mando player in his band. This should be an amazing show with the Dawg sharing the bill. Now I'm having left coast envy. :(

This is the Hicks website if you are interested: http://www.danhicks.net/index.htm

Doug Hoople
Jan-22-2009, 9:30pm
Thanks for the tip! There's a good chance I would have missed the notices.

I've also been a Dan Hicks fan from the early days. I'm not surprised that Dawg's hanging out. They probably would have known each other from when the whole hip West Coast crowd was cooking.

Dawg's playing with Maria Muldaur when she broke through with 'Midnight at the Oasis' sort of brings that whole scene into focus.

I'll look forward to this for sure!

SternART
Jan-22-2009, 9:59pm
Darn.........I have 3rd row tickets for the SF Symphony that night..........I would have enjoyed seeing David play with Dan. Used to go see the original Dan Hick's & the Hot Licks back in the day, it was a fun band to see. Grisman is playing with the Starship too........as per another thread on the Cafe......that Dawg gets around!

Bob Aliano
Jan-26-2009, 5:11pm
Wow, I haven't seen or even heard of Dan Hicks since he was making the hootenany (sp) circuit in SoCal in the late '60s early '70s along with Doc Watson and several others whose names escape me in my senior moments.

jaco
Jan-26-2009, 7:28pm
Saw Dan at Magfest a few years back. Dawg a few years after. Damn, that's going to be a fun show.