PDA

View Full Version : Emando scroll envy

MANNDOLINS
Jan-22-2009, 5:52pm
Here's one I just got together today....proof that emando players sometimes suffer from scroll envy to. :)

JEStanek
Jan-22-2009, 6:02pm
Sweet looking mandolin, Jonathan.

Jamie

F5GRun
Jan-22-2009, 6:03pm
Stellar!

Django Fret
Jan-22-2009, 6:45pm
Wow, that's beautiful!

mrmando
Jan-22-2009, 7:26pm
Like an Elliott ... only nicer to look at. Tell us about the finish -- it doesn't look all shiny and lacquerlike.

delsbrother
Jan-22-2009, 7:36pm
Can't tell... Does it have the hold-it-in-your-lap point?

Skip Kelley
Jan-22-2009, 8:01pm
Jonathan, that manndolin looks great! I love the scroll!

Oliver R
Jan-22-2009, 8:07pm
Is it not a short scale Citturn(?spelling) on acount of the 5 strings? (it's very very beautiful indeed by the way)

clem
Jan-22-2009, 10:05pm
You are the MAN, Mr.Mann. Very nice...although I still like mine better!

Ken Olmstead
Jan-22-2009, 11:01pm
That is off the chart, Mann!! Very cool!

MandoNicity
Jan-22-2009, 11:54pm
Wow! That's one sweet looking emando. I'm getting emando envy.

MANNDOLINS
Jan-23-2009, 10:10am
Thanks guys for compliments!

mrmando Re: Emando scroll envy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like an Elliott ... only nicer to look at. Tell us about the finish -- it doesn't look all shiny and lacquerlike.

Finish is Target coatings satin waterbased lacquer.
It was custom order inspired by a photo of John Mcgann's Zeidler 6 string posted a while back down in the emando section.

delsbrother Re: Emando scroll envy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can't tell... Does it have the hold-it-in-your-lap point?
No lap point.

Nate
Jan-23-2009, 10:35am
Reminds me of a PRS electric guitar body shape. Very cool.

Clif Wayland
Jan-23-2009, 10:52am
Mann!! I knew I liked your style!

Ted Eschliman
Jan-23-2009, 12:43pm
I'm really liking that, too, Jon. Like Martin says, it reminds me of the EF Elliott (http://www.emando.com/builders/Elliott.htm) 8-string I used to own and love.

Nice work!

ronalr
Jan-24-2009, 11:43am
Hi Jon, that looks beautiful.....Just to let everyone know Jon is building me a flat back acoustic..I will post some progress pictures when Jon gets started. Really looking forward to having a custom built Mandolin by such a gifted builder as Jon. As far as some of his work looking like PRS...Jon told me he is a big fan of Paul, as am I (I have 7 PRS guitars) I live an hour away from the PRS factory in MD and have been there many times.

Hunter W
Feb-04-2009, 2:42pm
Im the proud owner of this beautiful 5 string. I also am a huge fan of the PRS guitars but wanted to keep some traditional mandolin styling by adding a scroll. I ended up photoshopping one of Mann's SEM-5 single cutaways with a scroll and sent it to Jon. From there he made it turn out better than I ever could have imagined. Now it is a really cool combination of PRS electric guitar and f-style mandolin, and sounds and plays even better than it looks. I really could not be happier with this mandolin. Thanks again Jon.

mcasey
Feb-04-2009, 2:59pm
Wow!! That scroll is very cool looking on that SEM-5!! Very nice work Jon!

Mike Casey