PDA

View Full Version : The McPeak Brothers -- Second Edition!

Bernie Daniel
Jan-10-2009, 5:47pm
For those who remember or know the McPeak Brothers Bluegrass band there is a second generation brewing.

This is Adam McPeak and he has a bunch of videos on the UTube. Very cool!

93YHtncuX44

John Ritchhart
Jan-11-2009, 8:16pm
Those kids are great! I'd like to hear more of their stuff. Do you have the YouTube titles for them? I did a search on McPeak and didn't come up with it.

Nevermind! I found it under Adam McPeak.

Fretbear
Jan-11-2009, 11:09pm
Excellent Adam!
I was tickled by your comment about other kids "sittin' inside playing video games or just doing nothing at all!"
You're real lucky to have a good bass player, remember to be nice to him and let him know he is appreciated, they are hard as hen's teeth to find and they always help give a group a real nice bottom end and that full sound that turns people's heads when you set it loose. You guys are already great and are only going to get better, keep it up and have fun!

Ivan Kelsall
Jan-12-2009, 12:47am
It's ALWAYS great to see & hear young players. In the US,there's always been an interest amongst the younger end in Bluegrass/Acoustic music,that's why you have such a store of talent ie.Sierra Hull,Josh Pinkham & quite a few more.
Adam's certainly got it all sorted,as have the other band members & Fretbear's right re.the Bass player,they are hard to find & really can 'make' a band's sound. I can only hope that they continue in their enthusiasm,stay together & learn to 'play together' to develop their own unique sound - terrific.
Here's a pic.of a group of 'young'uns' at the Coastline Festival in North Wales UK last June.
The girl could play her Guitar really well to accompany her excellent voice.The young guy on the mandolin was doing ok as well,but the real star of the bunch,was the Banjo player. The Banjo he's holding didn't do him justice. He borrowed a pre-war Gibson from a friend of mine & he just went into orbit - he was sensational.If i see him at the same Festival this year,i hope that his parents have got him an instrument worthy of him. We've got a long way to go to catch up with you guys & gals.in the US,but we're getting there slowly & it's great to see,
Saska ;)

Bernie Daniel
Jan-12-2009, 7:32am
jbrwsky:Those kids are great! I'd like to hear more of their stuff.

Here is one of their videos -- they have several songs posted.

f02WMbKJCBM