PDA

View Full Version : Silverangel economando

kyken
Jan-09-2009, 5:50pm
I'm building a no frills mando A-style. Here it is. I call it Economando.

JEStanek
Jan-09-2009, 6:30pm
Looks great, Ken.

Jamie

ManlyMandolinist
Jan-09-2009, 7:22pm
That looks really nice. Is it more economical than the usual A style? What's the function of the bead looking things on the strings near the tailpiece?

jasona
Jan-09-2009, 7:45pm
Those are rubber grommets used to dampen sympathetic vibrations behind the bridge.

Very nice burst Ken!

Steevarino
Jan-09-2009, 7:57pm
Nice work, Ken! It doesn't look so "no frills" to me. It looks like it might be a real poweful mandolin. It certainly doesn't seem to be lacking anything! Where does the "Econo" part come into play?

Steve Smith
www.CumberlandAcoustic.com

chasray
Jan-09-2009, 8:01pm
there is so much temptation on the website.....

kyken
Jan-09-2009, 8:13pm
Well, it doesn't have binding on the back and it's lacquer. Other than that, it doesn't much seem different from the regular. The wood is nice. This one is Ukranian spruce.

Mark Walker
Jan-10-2009, 9:18am
Ken - looks sweet and clean. Is that an 'R' in the headstock, or a small angel? Hard to tell from the photos.

Very cool regardless! :)

mandozilla
Jan-12-2009, 3:39am
Very nice. If that headstock inlay is an 'R' it could stand for "Recession Model". :grin:

guitharsis
Jan-12-2009, 5:37am
That is just beautiful, Ken. I love it.

Skip Kelley
Jan-12-2009, 8:09am
Ken, that mandolin is nice! I love the sunburst!

Steevarino
Jan-12-2009, 10:07am
If that mandolin isn't already sold, I'll bet it will be soon!

Hey Ken, what's the deal with Ukranian Spruce? I am about to try some Carpathian Spruce on my flat mando's, but I am not familiar with the Ukranian variety.

Steve Smith
www.CumberlandAcoustic.com
www.RedLineReso.com

steve V. johnson
Jan-12-2009, 10:51am
Wonderful, Ken, thanks!

I really, really like that headstock design.

stv

kyken
Jan-12-2009, 11:07am
Steve, I did some trading with Hans on that Ukranian spruce, it is really nice working wood, straight grain and resonant. Too bad I only have one left.

spenser
Jan-28-2009, 9:28pm
Ken-sent you an email this evening regarding purchase of one of these. Love the looks, but would need wide neck, if possible. Thanks, and look forward to your response.