PDA

View Full Version : So who has the coolest Avitar?

Elliot Luber
Jan-09-2009, 10:58am
I won't include Jaime's because he's the moderator, though he deserves honorable mention for fixing those teeth. Working for a computer company, I loved the use of this Linux operating system icon a while back. Forget whose that was. What Avitar's (other than your own) :mandosmiley:did you like?

viv
Jan-09-2009, 11:40am
ach, 'tis jamie, moderator or nae. many others i really like, including but not limited to and in no particular order....... kestrel, woodwizard, rob powell's scooby lookin scroll, the ultra cool pups of man dough nollij and daddy frank...more as they come t'me.

Keith Erickson
Jan-09-2009, 12:00pm
IMHO Uncle Choppy has the best Avitar's that leave me in stitches.

The name escapes me but someone else had a break-dancing Bill Monroe on the subway avitar that ranked right up there with Uncle Choppy.

Bill Snyder
Jan-09-2009, 12:05pm
This has come up before. If you are interested you could search for the old thread, but use avAtar because you won't find it spelled with the "i".
Of course several people have changed their avatars since the last thread. Your new thread will get that all up to date.

MikeEdgerton
Jan-09-2009, 12:08pm
The first best avatar thread mentioned by Bill (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41954&highlight=avatar).

Jamies avatars always creep me out :)

I actually like Hans Brentrup's avatar these days.

Keith Erickson
Jan-09-2009, 12:10pm
The first best avatar thread mentioned by Bill (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41954&highlight=avatar).

Jamies avatars always creep me out :)

I actually like Hans Brentrup's avatar these days.

Yeah Mike,

You're right.........and if I may add, he hasn't changed his since All Hollows Eve and that concerns me a bit too :whistling:

MikeEdgerton
Jan-09-2009, 12:32pm
...and if I may add, he hasn't changed his since All Hollows Eve and that concerns me a bit too...

Hmmm, you may be on to something.

What's next? :disbelief:

Mike Bromley
Jan-09-2009, 12:53pm
Hmmm, you may be on to something.

What's next? :disbelief:

I mentioned a while back that his seasonally-inspired avatar was getting, er, stale, and maybe a rotund freak in a red fur-lined spandex would be more "suit"-able, but there was a grinch-like rumbling in the reply. I guess we have to wait until Groundhog Day.

Personally, I like my own avatar, but only because I'm too lazy to change it to someting really snazzy.

~o)

JEStanek
Jan-09-2009, 12:58pm
Thanks for the comments and the creepy crawlies. I kinda like the Joker Brand. It'll be in use for a while. As a photographer at heart, I like to take the pictures more than be in them. What's next... wait and see. I also don't like changing it too often as with the board migration (new avatars for everyone almost) and then the name changes, I know folks by their 100x100 avatar often more so than by their name.

I also really like Hans' a good deal. There are so many good ones. Bill Bussman consistently has good stuff too!

Cooper4205 (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/member.php?u=13184) who used the Bill Monroe on the bus one. It's now his profile picture.

Jim MacDaniel
Jan-09-2009, 3:51pm
I too have always enjoyed Jamie's always-quirky-and-sometimes-creepy avatars.

(BTW, in honor of this and the previous avatar thread, I just brought back my old Homer Rembrandt avatar, which was said by some to scare small children.)

Jason Renzi
Jan-09-2009, 3:57pm
my new one is an accidental picture i took at christmas when i was goofing with the photo booth program...
my wife says i cut her head off on purpose...

Dave Wrede
Jan-09-2009, 4:21pm
i think it has to be Jim Broyles. This is absolutely the COOLEST!

MikeEdgerton
Jan-09-2009, 4:36pm

Yeah, Ringo never played the bass. That is really strange. :)

Rob Powell
Jan-09-2009, 4:43pm
ach, 'tis jamie, moderator or nae. many others i really like, including but not limited to and in no particular order....... kestrel, woodwizard, rob powell's scooby lookin scroll, the ultra cool pups of man dough nollij and daddy frank...more as they come t'me.

Thanks! I think the scroll is pretty scooby myself!

Keith Erickson
Jan-09-2009, 5:46pm
Yeah, Ringo never played the bass. That is really strange. :)

Mike,

I don't mean to pick on you but.......... ;)

....Ringo Starr did play the upright bass. The avatar said so. And besides, you know that everything which appears on the web is the honest truth :disbelief: :))

catmandu2
Jan-09-2009, 8:20pm
[QUOTE=MikeEdgerton;614675Jamies avatars always creep me out :)
[/QUOTE]

Perhaps there should be some kind of "restriction" concerning Jamie's avatars...:whistling:

woodwizard
Jan-09-2009, 9:22pm

I like Jim's too! :)

JEStanek
Jan-09-2009, 10:29pm
Perhaps there should be some kind of "restriction" concerning Jamie's avatars...:whistling:

Hey! Actually, Catmandu2, I really like the photo of your dog in your avatar (and the source photo)

Jules' eyes are pretty cool and scary in this photo, like I gonna get it! At least muddy cold paw prints.
http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37171&d=1230239941

Jamie

catmandu2
Jan-10-2009, 12:17am
That dog, Jules, is a crazy Aussie. She will devour you with love. Someone gave her to me just this past summer. They said she was two-years old, but she acts like she's only ONE. Her "job" is to keep squirrels out of the yard, which she assiduously pursues 'round the clock. She came named "jewells" for her one eye which is half-brown, half-blue. She is seen in this photo in the Missoula Bark Park on the Clark-Fork River. uploading my other dawgs, too. I am crazy, yes :mandosmiley:~o)...but they're all from the pound or re-"gifted" in one way or another..

The black & white border collie, Dali, is smarter than the average dog--her job is to assist my wife daily at her psychotherapy practice. She steps in at times to connect with the occasional client who may be reticent with my wife's "human" touch (really--not kidding). Sometimes, when I'm driving and particularly agitated, I feel Dali pawing my shoulder from the back seat. Dogs are cool.

Also shown are: Rigel, the adoring dachshund (also a genius dog), Hanna the hound (not such a genius) ... and Mingo the cat on the mantle.

viv
Jan-10-2009, 7:01am
...more as they come t'me.

k, add catmandu2 to the list. i'm lovin that jules puppeh, and the others ain't too shabby, but jules is the shizzle for an avatar.

Ted Eschliman
Jan-10-2009, 10:59am
Tough economy. I'm thinking about selling my Avatar for advertising space.

http://jazzmando.com/graphics/YourAdAvatar.jpg

Probably against some lame rule, though; right Mike & Jamie?

fredfrank
Jan-10-2009, 11:10am
I don't understand why anyone uses a dog for their avatar . . . ?

MikeEdgerton
Jan-10-2009, 11:16am
Tough economy. I'm thinking about selling my Avatar for advertising space.

http://jazzmando.com/graphics/YourAdAvatar.jpg

Probably against some lame rule, though; right Mike & Jamie?

Most likely. Perhaps you could place a link to the Posting Guidelines there.

chip
Jan-10-2009, 11:40am
I don't understand why people use dogs as avatars either...maybe because they are cooler!

JEStanek
Jan-10-2009, 11:42am
This would work...

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=32&pictureid=1540 (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/faq.php)

Dig it! He's clickable!

Jamie

stratman62
Jan-10-2009, 11:48am
clickable is much better than despicable.

PhilGE
Jan-10-2009, 12:59pm
Jamie, I always thought you could be more colorful...

This is a simple inversion.

F5G WIZ
Jan-10-2009, 9:36pm
Mine is the actual head stock design Andy Poe designed for my Poe #5. He sent me the picture to see if I liked the idea before proceeding with the inlay, now that's service! I thought it was a natural for an Avatar.

JEStanek
Jan-10-2009, 9:47pm
Jamie, I always thought you could be more colorful...

This is a simple inversion.

Whatever doesn't kill you only makes you... stranger.

Bill Snyder
Jan-10-2009, 11:48pm
Never mind.

woodwizard
Jan-11-2009, 12:34am
Mine is the actual head stock design Andy Poe designed for my Poe #5. He sent me the picture to see if I liked the idea before proceeding with the inlay, now that's service! I thought it was a natural for an Avatar.

That really is a pretty nice design Mr. Poe did for ya there. I think I'm changing my vote. I can do that right? :)...Hey what kind of mandolin does the winner get anyway :confused:
Dude?, Monty?, Gilcrest?, Collings?, Weber?, Gibson?? :)

MarthaWhitePicker
Jan-11-2009, 2:25am
The simpsons always become great avitars!

powercat
Jan-18-2009, 1:35am
I won't include Jaime's because he's the moderator, though he deserves honorable mention for fixing those teeth. Working for a computer company, I loved the use of this Linux operating system icon a while back. Forget whose that was. What Avitar's (other than your own) :mandosmiley:did you like?

The Linux / K-State / Mando Tux is mine. A friend at IBM made it for me a couple of years ago. I think Tux plays my Fullerton better than I do.

John

powercat
Jan-18-2009, 1:38am
I really liked Jamie's avatar with the disembodied head of his son floating in the field of wheat. (No sons were injured in the making of the avatar).

zeke
Jan-18-2009, 11:19pm
I just wish you could click on the avatar for an enlarged version; there's so many I would like to see much larger and in greater detail....

Frank Johnson
Jan-19-2009, 9:28am
It's kinda like going to the store to buy a box of cereal... there are too many good ones to choose from! But (amongst others) I also like Jim Broyles' shot of the Beatles.

mandopete
Jan-19-2009, 11:23am
I don't understand why anyone uses a dog for their avatar . . . ?

That's a dog?

Emmitt Sanders
Jan-19-2009, 5:03pm
I like JEStanek, he's got my vote.

~~~Emmitt~~~~

blacksmith
Jan-22-2009, 11:43am
Not sure who had it, haven't seen it for a while, but my favourite was Flip, from Little Nemo In Slumberland. Great choice.

Tim Pike
Jan-22-2009, 1:52pm
I just wish you could click on the avatar for an enlarged version; there's so many I would like to see much larger and in greater detail....

I have wished the same thing......maybe it would make the fish in my picture grow....:whistling: