PDA

View Full Version : Christmas in January

Mando_Danny
Jan-08-2009, 12:54am
Well I know its nothing special, but I finally got my Rover RM-50 from Elderly and I love it! I can hardly put it down to post this. :grin:

Jason Renzi
Jan-08-2009, 12:59am
nice!...
i wish i would have spent a little more and gotten a solid top at least...i really like my savannah but if i were to complain about anything it would be about the volume and the sustain...i think the laminate top is largely the problem there...
anyway, congratulations! and i hope the playing is fun!....

Ken Olmstead
Jan-08-2009, 1:18am
Enjoy man, there is no better instrument than the mandolin! Merry Christmas!

Mando_Danny
Jan-08-2009, 1:40am
nice!...
i wish i would have spent a little more and gotten a solid top at least...i really like my savannah but if i were to complain about anything it would be about the volume and the sustain...i think the laminate top is largely the problem there...
anyway, congratulations! and i hope the playing is fun!....

I'm really lucky I had a friend (Caleb, who is a member here) who helped me decide what to get and let me know what not to get. The solid top makes a world of difference. This one has a nice bark to it and is very loud.

-Danny

EDIT: I also had TONS of help from other members here on different threads. Thanks to everyone!

Stanley Cox
Jan-08-2009, 10:14am
Hey holdem, Glad to hear you received your mandolin. Keep on playing and enjoying it. ~o)

Stanley

Caleb
Jan-08-2009, 10:28am
Danny,

Nice looking mando. I really like the old-school look it has. Can't wait to try it out.

:mandosmiley:

250sc
Jan-08-2009, 10:45am
Congrats.

Andrew DeMarco
Jan-08-2009, 10:48am
Welcome to the family. Enjoy, and I apologize to YOUR family on your behalf for the time with you from which the mando will deprive them:mandosmiley:

pickloser
Jan-16-2009, 12:19pm
Nice lookin' axe. Enjoy the ride! Mandolins = fun.

Caleb
Jan-16-2009, 2:56pm
I have to chime in and say that I've now played this particular mandolin and it surpassed my expectations. It has nice volume, smooth tone and the setup is spot-on making it very easy to play. Honestly, if I'd have played one of these before I bought my Eastman I'd probably have saved myself a lot of money and went with the Rover. Or I could have bought 3 of them for about the same price as my Eastman and could have had a mando in most rooms of the house.

jim_n_virginia
Jan-16-2009, 4:35pm
Well I know its nothing special....

Hey it is special to YOU! Nice lookin mando!

My first mando was a Rover and I remember how excited I was when I got it.

Happy pickin! :mandosmiley:

James P
Jan-16-2009, 6:24pm
I really like my Rover. I've got the same model.
Your friend steered you straight.
A good setup is worth doing on one of those, imo.

mickey.cole
Jan-17-2009, 8:03am
I have a rover RM-75 and i am quit pleased
like it says it barks and bites :cool: