PDA

View Full Version : Sam Bush

OKMike
Jan-07-2009, 2:40pm
Got a couple tickets to see Sam Bush at the Cain's Ballroom 1-23, can't wait gonna be a good show in a nice small setting. Any one else going?

Mike

Mike Bunting
Jan-07-2009, 3:33pm
Can't make it, too far away. :whistling: Love to see him again though. Enjoy, he's great.

Carlo Carr
Jan-07-2009, 9:21pm
Saw Sam perform at Tipitina's at New Orleans in an "after Jazz Fest" concert last year. Wow! SRO, and I was in the first row (I'm getting way to old for that!) and really enjoyed the show. Sam is a can't miss event! Enjoy the show!

Regards,
Charlie Carr
New Orleans

OKMike
Jan-07-2009, 10:41pm
Thanks,

Got 5th row, although there really isn't a bad seat at cain's. Counting the days, I've been jonesing for some live music(preferably mando).

Mike

woodwizard
Jan-07-2009, 11:35pm
Cain's Ballroom is a great place...been there a couple of times. You'll get your money's worth. Have Fun. You've got some awesome! seats. It's a little over a 3 and half hour drive for us but I think I'm going to start working on my wife about going. Wish me luck. Thanks for the heads up.

OKMike
Jan-25-2009, 11:28pm
Great show, Sam played fiddle, mondolin, slide mandolin on a resonator, fender emando. Bluegrass to JJ Cale and several stops in between. Tore it up all night. My buddy was working the ticket booth and upgraded our seats to 3rd row center aisle, so we had great seats. I wish I could play 1/4 that well. Hell, 1/8 of that!!!

Mike

Bernie Daniel
Jan-26-2009, 12:01am
Mike Bunting: Can't make it, too far away.

Oh come ON! Tulsa cannot be more than 1500 miles from Edmonton. This is Sam Bush we are taking about.:grin:

Mike Bunting
Jan-26-2009, 12:24am
Yeah, well, what's the weather like in Tulsa town, kinda cool here so I'm tempted! :whistling:

Bernie Daniel
Jan-26-2009, 12:48am
Mike Bunting: Yeah, well, what's the weather like in Tulsa town, kinda cool here so I'm tempted!

Gee, I would have thought that the global warming gurus would have put that issue to rest for you guys! :)

OKMike
Jan-26-2009, 12:24pm
Freezing rain and sleet predicted for today.

Mike Bunting
Jan-26-2009, 1:47pm
Well, there you go, guess I'll stay home, sunny and +2C today. ;)

viv
Jan-26-2009, 10:34pm
Got a couple tickets to see Sam Bush at the Cain's Ballroom 1-23, can't wait gonna be a good show in a nice small setting. Any one else going?

Mike

weeeell..do tell! how was the great and powerful sammy bush and his whacky eight string ma-han-do-ho-LIN? :popcorn:

i've only had the pleasure of seeing him twice, almost three times (he appeared with john cowan at a festival in sc--just about the time i finally got there, soaking wet, and had sammy and the cow in my sights they stopped the show cuz of torrential rain and a lil lightening....) but he was just magnificent each time. the man is a joy to watch, and not too bad on the ears either.

LVH
Jan-26-2009, 11:57pm
I've seen sam 14 times. He is my favorite mandolinist and I have had the opportunity to play with him. I played his "Hoss" it was the greatest day in my life and he is the nicest guy you will ever meet.

OKMike
Jan-30-2009, 12:44am
Amy,

Sam did not disappoint, my first time seeing him but not my last, if he is ever close again. My wife was very impressed, expecting traditional bluegrass and got her ears blown off, both by the traditional stuff and Sam's varied playing styles. The whole band was awesome, saw the banjer player plug in an electric banjo w a body shaped like a strat. Couldn't pick out the sound, I'm guessing it sounded like an electric guitar, that was during the encore and everyone was electric and jammin' at high volume.Rousing finale.

Mike

bluesmandolinman
Jun-26-2010, 1:29pm
now this is cool Resonator Mando with 4 strings / gears / pegs

pretty cool song:mandosmiley:

SoZ04hB8p0U