PDA

View Full Version : Fur Elise

David M.
Jul-22-2004, 8:39am
I'm an old time player, but a buddy learned Beethoven's "Fur Elise" on guitar recently and it's very nice. Very familiar piece.

Is there a mandolin tab for this piece out there? Or, at least a good mp3 or other sound file that I can learn from? I've searched the tab and posts here on the Cafe and found nothing.

Thanks for your help!

John Bertotti
Jul-22-2004, 4:45pm
I have a copy in standard notation if that will help. Maybe you know someone that can put it in tab. John

David M.
Jul-23-2004, 7:12am
Sure, John, I'd take that. Is it for mandolin? You can email it to me.

I just p.m'd you. Thanks,

John Bertotti
Jul-23-2004, 1:00pm
I can't belive it but David here is from my home town. What a small world. No David the piece I have is from a Yamaha keyboard book. It might be a bit basic. I'll send it anyway John http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

John Bertotti
Jul-25-2004, 7:37pm
Well every one. I played the piano piece and the treble line sounds nice but how do you incorporate the bass line? I decided it would be good practice to rewrite this and convert it to tab. What rules do you follow for changing a piano piece to tab and/or mandolin standard notation? David all I have will be on its way monday morning. Thanks John

John Bertotti
Aug-04-2004, 8:33pm
Hey David I didn't get around to writing any tab for this been on the road to much. Let us know how it sounds. I'm new to playing but I think it sounds good. I bet an experienced person could really do something with this song. John

flairbzzt
Aug-11-2004, 6:01pm
Have you tried sheetmusicplus.com?