PDA

View Full Version : Message Board for PDA/Cell Phone. Text forum

Scott Tichenor
Dec-21-2008, 9:58am
This is probably of limited use to many of you but I thought it worth sharing. There's a text-only version of the forum that's available for use, and if you're running a web-enabled phone or PDA and are interested in application at the Cafe, we have it.

On the right side of the navigation at the very bottom of every page within the forum is a link entitled "Archive". If you click that, you'll get a text-version of the entire forum. And then from that page, there's a PDA link that provides the same. I've done some browsing with my new G1 T-Mobile phone and it works great.

Or, if you just like to read text-only and/or have a really slow connection (dial-up), this may be of use.

Here's a link for convenience (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/archive/index.php) for those you unable to find the bottom of the page (kidding!).

jasona
Dec-21-2008, 11:20am
Um, Scott? You should never have told me this. I will never pay attention in a meeting again.

Thanks!

MikeEdgerton
Dec-21-2008, 3:02pm
This is also helpful for anyone that has managed to get any browser running on their Commodore 64 :)

Troy Mayfield
Dec-21-2008, 6:49pm
I'll be here with my Palm T/X this week (going to the inlaws) so I will stay connected!

jasona
Dec-22-2008, 9:20pm
Am I overlooking the obvious way to post a reply using my PDA? It seems it is read only, is that correct?

Looks great on my Palm T|X

Scott Tichenor
Dec-22-2008, 9:27pm
There's a link to the full version on each PDA page and you'd need to access that to reply. I don't think most people are going to want to type replies in this mode. Not sure why it's set up that way but I'd guess it's because they're trying to minimize the amount of downloaded code that comes with the form call, etc.

jasona
Dec-22-2008, 9:45pm
Thanks Scott. Am posting from it now. I can even post to my blog! But it loads much faster in the default mode.

Thanks again for making this place even cooler! (And an even more tempting time waste...I mean, more infomative.)

jasona
Dec-22-2008, 9:51pm
Quick followup: long threads quickly run into the memory limit for these devices in full mode. But in text mode, they load right fast.

Yet another reason to get that iPhone G3...