PDA

View Full Version : Pick: Fender #346 X-Heavy

Lee
Dec-16-2008, 1:03pm
This is the rounded triangular shaped Fender pick. I found an extra-heavy one that Fender makes in the pearlescent colored "shell" material. I have grown to rather like it. With more to grab onto I find it more controllable. It's got more pointiness to it than the Golden Gate or Dawg picks. Does anyone else like these? The heavies are common, but the extra-heavy is rather hard to find. Guitarstop.com sells smaller packs of 26. I haven't found anyone selling singles.

mandroid
Dec-16-2008, 3:53pm
Yea , that's true,
I make do with the Heavies [1mm thk], I have some imprinted by Fender and C.F.Martin.

those are grab bagged at the LMS 4 for $1

I often choke up on the pick exposing little of it , that makes it stiffer functionally.

jefflester
Dec-16-2008, 3:58pm
That's what I use. I've been using my current one for probably 3+ years, so some of the pointiness is gone now. Or maybe it's just a heavy that I use ?

John Flynn
Dec-16-2008, 4:18pm
I like the Fender Extra Heavy and I have several of them. What I like better along the same line is the ProPlec rounded triangle, but my local store doesn't carry those and I have procrastinated ordering new ones.

mandohymn
Dec-16-2008, 4:54pm
I too have used those UNTIL I started using the JazzMando pick. Not only is is comfortable and gives great tone but when I use it on my parlor guitar it really opened it up. Even people who don't know much about music have commented on the "different" sound from my guitar.

I have been playing mandolin about 2 years now and I now know we should pay more attention to the bridge, the strings and the pick to improve/change the sound.

Michael Cameron
Dec-16-2008, 11:18pm
This is the rounded triangular shaped Fender pick. I found an extra-heavy one that Fender makes in the pearlescent colored "shell" material. I have grown to rather like it. With more to grab onto I find it more controllable. It's got more pointiness to it than the Golden Gate or Dawg picks. Does anyone else like these? The heavies are common, but the extra-heavy is rather hard to find. Guitarstop.com sells smaller packs of 26. I haven't found anyone selling singles.

Lee,I have some Fender extra-heavy rounded triangle picks in white. PM me;I'll send you one to try out,if you like. I'm not selling them;but,have some to share(new).

c

bluesmandolinman
Dec-17-2008, 7:35am
Fender 346 X-Heavy in white is my standard pick for 7 years now

others are changing their picks to experiment with sounds .... I buy other mandolins :))