PDA

View Full Version : My BlueChip Pick Video

rnr
Dec-13-2008, 8:42pm
I just got my BlueChip TP 60 in today - I do indeed like it better than my Wegens and Redbear - seems to sit right in my fingers and glide over the strings to my liking. Here's a quick video I did using it on my Collings MF.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyFMPPW13nE

woodwizard
Dec-14-2008, 12:16am
Collings sounds good. I finally broke down and ordered a TPR60. It should be here Monday. Never got to try one before ordering. So I'm really glad to hear good reviews about yours. I'm switching back & forth with the RedBear E-MED-SE and the M150 Wegen. Lately I'm back on the RedBear. Can't wait to try the BC out. :mandosmiley:

Ace
Dec-14-2008, 9:41am
The BC pic is awesome for tone, quickness, etc. but I am having a problem with it spinning in my grip. It doesn't matter if its a loose grip or firm grip, it still spins! I had this problem when I first started playing and went to a larger in size, not thickness, pic and it stopped! The larger pic was real shell that I shaped and made myself which I do often but it doesn't compare to the tone difference of the BC pic. Maybe if I'm nice I can talk Mathew into making me a custom pic for an extra price. I gave the 2nd pic I purchased to a friend and he let his BIL try it on guitar and immediatly wanted the number for ordering!
The Thursday night jam might potentially sell more too! We'll see!
Oh and the video was great! You play very well and I really liked the captions while it was playing. It made me grab my mandolin and start playing out of guilt! LOL

Michael Cameron
Dec-14-2008, 8:27pm
Brilliant! Nice pickin',rnr.

Great picks from a great guy.

Matthew rounded off the points some on a TAD 60 for me with the just-right beveling(not quite as pronounced as a Wegen or Red Bear). Best pick I ever had.

It may take me a while to get up nerve enough to youtube my mando playing...
~:>

jasona
Dec-15-2008, 5:09am
It will probably take my 10,000 hours to figure out how to film myself for YouTube :D

Very nice video rnr!

Rob Powell
Dec-15-2008, 6:27am
It will probably take my 10,000 hours to figure out how to film myself for YouTube :D

Very nice video rnr!

Only if you want to master it ;)

I could put in the 10,000 hours and never come close to apprenticeship, much less mastery. Ergo, I play many instruments and am the master of none but it's sure fun putting in the hours.

Rob Gerety
Dec-15-2008, 7:22pm
I just ordered one of these BC picks for mando. But tell me, do you think one of the BC picks would be useful for hard strumming with a guitar - as opposed to lots of lead playing? I am searching for a guitar pick that doesn't produce a lot of pick noise when strumming.

Rob Powell
Dec-16-2008, 7:05am
I use a TPR40 on guitar....no discernible pick noise ;)