PDA

View Full Version : No Mando Content..just need some thoughts

Scotti Adams
Dec-03-2008, 11:35am
Im seeling some wheels via Craigs list and something doesnt set right with me in regards to this email. I thought I would turn to my friends here to get your opinions. thanx in advance;

Hello,

Thanks for the swift response, just to tell you that am okay with the condition and price of the item, and am ready for its purchase and my form of payment will be by sending you Check with a 1st class mail delivery via ups which delivers next day.

I'll be responsible for the pick-up and the movers money will be included in your payment to avoid delay, cost of postage and to enable them schedule an appropriate time for the pick-up at your location as i have other properties to be moved. Would really love to come for the viewing but due to my work frame that might not be possible,

Please do get back to me with your full name and physical address including your cell and land number so i can make out payment.

Regards!

Bob Wiegers
Dec-03-2008, 11:38am
1. do yourself a favor and take down those email addresses.
2. never accept checks for such transactions
3. probably not the best topic for this board, even given the disclaimer.

good luck.

MikeEdgerton
Dec-03-2008, 11:39am
That would be a scam setup letter.

Scotti Adams
Dec-03-2008, 11:40am
That would be a scam setup letter.

Thats what im thinking. thanks

lespaulraider
Dec-03-2008, 11:40am
This reads, almost verbatim, like a scam commonly found online. I'd avoid this offer. JMHO.

Scotti Adams
Dec-03-2008, 11:44am
I wrote the chap back and told him no deal.

sgarrity
Dec-03-2008, 11:45am
I've received these in the past. The last one I got was when I was selling a Taylor guitar on craigslist. It's definitely a scam! But their English is getting better. :))

ApK
Dec-03-2008, 12:08pm
Shouldn't even reply to those in any way.
There's a pretty good recent thread around here somewhere that Scott started here on recognizing that type of thing.

JEStanek
Dec-03-2008, 12:54pm
Here is the aforementioned (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45543&highlight=fraud) thread on fraud/scams Scott started.

Jamie

AlanN
Dec-03-2008, 1:00pm
Dear Scotti,

I am buy your car. Please send me money to do it

:)) :))

Ravenwood
Dec-03-2008, 1:04pm
A couple of years ago I was selling a canoe on an outdoor recreation website when I got such a response. At first I didn't recognize it as a scam because everything seemed legitimate ... sort of. There were oddities in the contact. As things progressed, the transaction became very strange. The upshot was that the individual sent me a "Cashiers Check" for an excessive amount which I was supposed to cash and send the overage to a shipping company. The bells, whistles, and sirens all went off at that point and I called the FBI. They informed me that it was indeed a scam named the Nigerian something or other. The "Cashiers Check" was a copy of one that had already been processed several years before. I kept it as a souvenir.