PDA

View Full Version : New John L. Smith 4 string electric

joshua collum
Dec-01-2008, 7:21pm
I received my new 4 string electric mandolin from John L. Smith on friday. I LOVE it! I had never played a 4 string before and I was suprised how easy it was. This mandolin rocks! The action is nice and low, the sound is awsome. John was very pleasent and easy going. If your in the market for an electric mando I would highly recommend him. I haven't put this thing down since I got it...Thankyou John!

frankmsu
Dec-01-2008, 9:53pm
I just ordered a 4-string model today in Aqua with a white pickguard. Can't wait to get it!! John is a great guy to deal with.

-Frank

joshua collum
Dec-02-2008, 12:42pm
I think you will be very pleased with it. He really does nice work. And they look even cooler in person.

-Joshua

Chief
Dec-02-2008, 7:24pm
I've had my Smith for a couple of months now, and it definitely rocks. And they're the coolest looking e-mandos on the planet. I get comments all the time when I play in public.Also, John is a great guy to deal with. You can't go wrong with a Smith!!!

jlsmandolin1952
Dec-29-2008, 3:29pm
Thanks to all, for the nice feedback. I always try to please my customers as best I can, and will continue to do the same in all future sales.
John
JL Smith Mandolins

Ken Olmstead
Dec-31-2008, 8:49pm
Looks very cool Joshua and John! Is the fretboard radiused? What is the pickup in there? I do love eMandos!! :) John do you have a website to browse?

jlsmandolin1952
Jan-02-2009, 4:42pm
ken,
It has a 12-Inch Radiused fretboard, with an EMG Select Humbucker pickup. My website is www.jlsmithmandolins.com , you can also read a review on emando.com , you'll see one of my Mando's there on the home page.
The website is a work in progress of course.
John