PDA

View Full Version : Groups function

jasona
Nov-27-2008, 4:38pm
Hi Scott et al,

Several of the Silverangel owners are mulling over starting a new space for enthusiasts of Ken and Laura's work. When these new forums first came online, we had the "groups" function enabled, and I suspect this would enable them to do what they wish within the confines of the Cafe. I also recall starting the second such group with the Silverangel theme (only beaten by the Loar sniffers...). Could we consider restarting this function?

Cheers, Jason

Scott Tichenor
Nov-28-2008, 9:41am
Possibly, but not in the immediate future. It's not that I don't like adding features, but these take time and need to be thought out, and often these require a lot of behind the scenes work. And, adding too many new features at once to the forum is a bit too much 'throwing the kitchen sink' at the world for my tastes. The blogging feature that was launched yesterday, believe it or not, took up about a month's back-end time, mostly due to install issues. It needs a chance to roll-out and for users and readers to get used to, and making it happen means the start of more work for us, not the end.

If you want to start a separate site, that works for me too. It's all good, and doesn't necessarily need to happen on the Cafe.

D C Blood
Nov-28-2008, 9:46am
Hi Y'all, I think woul I'd like to do, once I get Ken's permission, is start a Myspace site dedicated to Ken and Laura and their mandolins. There are several makers I think, that already have sites, and I think this could do nothing but help Ken get his product out more, as well as function as a gathering spot for SA owners and afficiendos...

jasona
Nov-28-2008, 10:40am
Understood completely Scott. Thanks for the blogging function!