PDA

View Full Version : Breedlove Black Gold

aphillips
Nov-26-2008, 10:41pm
Hey everyone - I just got a (new to me) Breedlove Black Gold KF. It is an awesome looking and sounding mandolin! I love it and I want to see if anyone has any suggestions for polishes, straps, etc. Thanks in advance! - Happy Thanksgiving!

aphillips
Nov-28-2008, 5:45pm
No Black Gold or Breedlove love? :-)

MLT
Nov-28-2008, 6:34pm
Very nice. As I recall the black gold is a matte finish instrument (like much of the Quartz line). As such, there is not polishing to be done. I would recommend that you wipe it down after every use with a micro fiber or silk weave (see http://jazzmando.com/silkweave_cloth.shtml)--NFI.

Payit Forward
Nov-28-2008, 7:14pm
Here is a picture of one for those who haven't seen one. I think these look VERY COOL. I also love the playability of the Breedlove necks. Although I love satin finishes, I find that they develop shiny spots after being played for a while (where the forearm rests, also if you rest your finger(s) on the top). I would contact breedlove to ask them how to maintain the satin. Alternatively, you could buff up the whole top and make it all shiney.:)

Chris Biorkman
Nov-28-2008, 7:38pm
Hello from down south.

Sandy Beckler
Nov-28-2008, 8:14pm
and a little further south....
I've got a Breedlove Quartz KF Natural that I like a lot.
Sanchan:cool:

aphillips
Nov-29-2008, 1:47pm
Thanks for the responses MLT and Pete! Pete - where are you from in Upstate NY? I'm originally from Alexander.

Hello to Chris and Sandy! Nice to see some pickers close by!

MandoSquirrel
Dec-05-2008, 3:29pm
I had a Quartz KO for almost 2 years; all the "cleaning" I did(apart from the strings) was to wipe it down with a JazzMando "Circle Of Fifths" cloth, which is no longer offered, but any micro-fiber cloth, including Ted's "Jupiter silk weave" will work. It stayed new looking at least until it went away to a buyer, haven't seen it since, but he was impressed with the new, unscratched appearance(good right hand technique helps, too!).