PDA

View Full Version : Missing Security Token?

man dough nollij
Nov-22-2008, 6:14pm
I just got a brand new laptop, and I find that I can't post pictures. I go to "manage attachments", and try to attach the files.

It spins for about ten minutes, telling me to wait while my pictures upload.

I then get an error message that says the operation can't be completed because of a missing security token.

Any idea what's going on? :confused:

MikeEdgerton
Nov-22-2008, 6:49pm
What's the operating system and the browser?

man dough nollij
Nov-22-2008, 8:16pm
It's some higher-end version of Vista, with the most recent version of IE. Since Vista looks totally different, I can't even figure out the new equivalent of Help/about to find the version.

Not a big Vista fan, so far. Two coworkers of mine down on the ice spent days scraping Vista residue out of their new laptops to retrofit to XP.

I'll try another pic here to see if it's fixed:

Edit: Woo Hoo! I think it was really a time-out error, though it didn't say that. I'll try making the pix smaller to make it easier on the Cafe server.

Thanks Mike.

MikeEdgerton
Nov-22-2008, 8:35pm
Vista will act like a normal version of Windows if you turn off the User Account Control (the UAC). Most of the programs that are compatible will become compatible (not all) and it makes Vista livable. If you send me a PM I send you directions on how to do it.

JEStanek
Nov-22-2008, 8:38pm
That's a Beauty. Next time keep the litter box outta the frame ;) Glad you got the issue resolved. The whole Vista thing has me leaning towards a Mac for my next computer.

Jamie

man dough nollij
Nov-22-2008, 9:25pm
Hi Jamie,

Actually, the reason I bought my new laptop is that I'm staying here at my dad's house. He's a big Mac user-- I can't stand Macs!

Vista is pretty slow and overly fancy, and I'm looking forward to the new Windows in a year or so.

Mando content: Time to pick some OM!