PDA

View Full Version : new Silverangel distressed

kyken
Nov-21-2008, 10:30am
Here is the latest from my shop.....:mandosmiley:

John M. Riley
Nov-21-2008, 10:41am
these mandolins are great. i have one of your distressed models from last year and it is massive!

northfolk
Nov-21-2008, 10:47am
It looks as though you have used Grover tuners? How did you distress the tuner buttons? I have a distressed LK Brown 3 point with Grovers and I had to put on black buttons because the standard pearloid were too new looking? I really wanted ivoroid buttons, but they are not available? :mandosmiley:

LKN2MYIS
Nov-22-2008, 8:16am
Ken -

Another stunning looking instrument. Truly incredible.

Mandolusional
Nov-22-2008, 11:18am
Good job Ken, it looks really old and played!

jasona
Nov-22-2008, 2:36pm
Very nice work. I really like the finish on this one.

Mark Walker
Nov-25-2008, 10:16am
Ken - just got back from my annual pilgramage to the wilderness of Michigan's western U.P. and my pursuit of the wily whitetail deer. Just now catching up on the Cafe'!

That is one fine looking mandolin! Certainly one of your most authentic-looking distressing efforts. Love that flame on the back too, and those afore-mentioned tuner buttons.

Keep up the great work! I bet it's a sound-hoss like all your other mandolins too, eh?

Doug Edwards
Nov-25-2008, 10:52am
Looks good Ken!

Mark, I had four white tails in the back yard last night. I walked my dog the other day and counted twelve bucks, including one ten point. Deer, down here are pests, eat your plants right off the deck.

Weagle
Nov-25-2008, 11:18am
Ken

Great looking mandolin!!!!

Still love my mandolin you made in 1983. Hopefully be able to see you and your lovely bride in Nashville I think in January. I cannot keep up with dates I rely on my cousin.

Thanks for making great instruments.

Weagle

wildpikr
Nov-26-2008, 11:16am
Good looking mandolin. Is that a spruce top or redwood? Hope all is well with you and your family, Ken.

kyken
Nov-26-2008, 2:22pm
Mike , that's a German spruce top, got some nice looking grain in it, nice wood.

D C Blood
Nov-26-2008, 6:44pm
Hey, Anybody for starting a Silver Angel (and Silver Eagle) group, here withing the confines of the Cafe (or outside of it)? Maybe we could get a Silver Angel Journal with numbers and owners kinda like Daryl's F5 journal...What say you guys?:)

Mark Walker
Nov-27-2008, 10:09am
Hey, Anybody for starting a Silver Angel (and Silver Eagle) group, here withing the confines of the Cafe (or outside of it)? Maybe we could get a Silver Angel Journal with numbers and owners kinda like Daryl's F5 journal...What say you guys?:)

D C - I've thought about that very same thing for a few years. NFI (I make nothing on them, I just do it for grins and with Ken's blessings), but I've been creating and selling embroidered Silver Angel Hats and T-Shirts for several years. As such, I have assembled a number of photos of Silver Angel owners' mandolins when they've emailed me requesting shirts or hats. That resulted in my starting a list with the various owners' names, photos of their mandolins, and the names Ken gave their mandolins.

I'm not sure - other than starting a thread similar to 'Show me Your Webers' or 'Let's see Picture of your Flatiron' - we could utilize the Cafe' and Scott's great site for such an undertaking, but I'm sure 'behind the scenes' one of us could generate our own Silver Angel Fan site with owners' names, contact info, photos and the like.

I'll be happy to see input from an official Cafe' moderator on these thoughts too.

Thanks in advance! :mandosmiley:

PS - Happy Thanksgiving everyone. We've many blessing for which to be thankful!

D C Blood
Nov-27-2008, 11:23am
Hey Mark, I am kinda thinking that a Myspace site dedicated to SA mandolins and Ken Ratcliff would be a neat project. A lot of things could be put on there...owners, their web sites, photos of SAs, link to Ken's site, blogs...I've got the time to do it and I think it could even get Ken some sales. Ken, what do you think?

tburcham
Nov-27-2008, 3:25pm
I'm all for setting up a Registry for Silver Angel mandolins. I have #257 Distressed...amazing sound!

Tim Burcham

jasona
Nov-27-2008, 4:36pm
When these boards first came on line there was an option for forming "groups" based on interest. I immediately created one for Silverangel owners. Scott et al turned that feature off at the time, but it might reappear at some point. Perhaps asking for that forum function might achieve what you all wish to accomplish within the confines of the old Cafe?

Mark Walker
Nov-28-2008, 7:51am
When these boards first came on line there was an option for forming "groups" based on interest. I immediately created one for Silverangel owners. Scott et al turned that feature off at the time, but it might reappear at some point. Perhaps asking for that forum function might achieve what you all wish to accomplish within the confines of the old Cafe?

Jason - good idea; I wasn't aware that feature had been in place. Not to hijack the thread about this great-looking distressed model, but I'm sure there are others out there (Doug Edwards comes to mind right off) who'd be interested in that as well. Thanks for the input.
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I did! (Other than watching our Detroit Lions lay a giant turkey egg - which they've done ALL SEASON! ~:> )