PDA

View Full Version : Finally...and end to MAS!

catmandu2
Nov-20-2008, 2:14pm
I've actually had mandola-MAS the past year...and acquired a few. I love the dola, but don't gig with one.

Recently, I best-offered a seller on ebay for one of these (in black); came with a near-perfect set-up out of the box: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gretsch-Guitars-G5120-Electromatic-Hollowbody-Electric-Guitar-103867990-i1166376.gc

...and dished an extra Mid-Mo for one of these (currently waiting on the UPS truck): http://www.betterguitar.com/equipment/guitars/samick/lasalle_jz4.html

Elliot Luber
Nov-20-2008, 2:17pm
That ought to hold you (for a few months at least).

catmandu2
Nov-20-2008, 2:29pm
Lord...I hope so.

JEStanek
Nov-20-2008, 2:50pm
So you traded some mandolins/mandolas for some guitars? The links are to pages for electric guitars not mandolas, right? Enjoy your new guitars.

Jamie

catmandu2
Nov-20-2008, 2:55pm
Yes...but don't worry--I still have several of each, and a couple of odd citterns and zooks to boot.

billkilpatrick
Nov-20-2008, 4:46pm
you will not find happiness there ... it is written ...

smokey bistros, perhaps - peopled with those of small stature and a seedy disposition - hopeless, "B" film romantics sporting pencil mustaches ... blusey-riffs amongst plunging necklines and pin stripe suits ... louche companions, un-aware of your family name ...

... but there will come a time when you long for the fresh, honest-to-goodness sound of a good ol' mid-mo' ... pine for the pure and simple logic of tuning in fifths ...

i'll keep a light for you, shining in the window ...

Patrick Gunning
Nov-20-2008, 7:32pm
Nothing is written...

catmandu2
Nov-20-2008, 7:51pm
louche companions, un-aware of your family name ...

Sounds like the folks I played with Monday evening...

I appreciate the foreboding lamentation, though. (What have I done?:(...)

catmandu2
Nov-21-2008, 8:55am
Guitar finally showed up at almost 7 pm. I AM happy--amazing what 3 bills buys you these days.

Tom F
Nov-21-2008, 11:44am
Real nice Trinity Mandola at Roots Acoustic Music in Sheboygan Falls, WI, which is being discounted right now.
david@rootsacoustic.com