PDA

View Full Version : Amanda Lynn, Good name for a baby girl?

kidgloves2
Nov-18-2008, 2:54pm
First name Amanda, middle name Lynn. I dare someone to name their next daughter this! :mandosmiley: :cool: :mandosmiley:

Imagine Chris Thile names his first daughter Amanda Lynn Thile!

I'm so corny.
:grin:

blacksmith
Nov-18-2008, 3:05pm
Amanda Lynn. Ha, first time I've heard that. Today.

Mike Bunting
Nov-18-2008, 3:18pm
Worked for me and my daughter of 23 years. Only one neighbor got it and called her Banjo when she was a baby!

Timbofood
Nov-18-2008, 3:21pm
Jesse McReynolds grand daughter.
An old bass player of mine "lightened" it a touch- Amanda Ellen

allenhopkins
Nov-18-2008, 4:01pm
Didn't George Gruhn name his daughter Amanda Lynn? Seems I heard that somewhere.

Also heard David Grisman named a child Mon Roe. I seek verification on this (and all other unsubstantiated rumors that I irresponsibly pass along).

Rolfe
Nov-18-2008, 4:36pm
Didn't George Gruhn name his daughter Amanda Lynn? Seems I heard that somewhere.

Also heard David Grisman named a child Mon Roe. I seek verification on this (and all other unsubstantiated rumors that I irresponsibly pass along).

I don't think so with George Gruhn. I heard it was Tut Taylor. Back in the days when George, Tut, and Randy Wood were together in GTR.

mrmando
Nov-18-2008, 4:47pm
What about Claire Annette? Maire Mba? Viola Roxanne?

Elliot Luber
Nov-18-2008, 4:48pm
Or Manny Dolan if it's a boy.

Mando_Lynn
Nov-18-2008, 5:52pm
I always thought it would be funny if someone's last name was Justice to name their child Liberty Ann. Then when the child gets married to a guy whose last name is Ferral her name will be:

Liberty Ann Justice-Ferral

Or how about an O'Shay naming their son Rick?

What about an unmarried lady whose last name is Pell... and she's a language arts teacher?

Oh, I could go on an on.....

Mike Scott
Nov-18-2008, 6:17pm
Ken Cartwright's (Cartwrights Instrument Repair in Stayton, OR) French Bulldog is named Amanda Lynn.

Tim2723
Nov-18-2008, 6:25pm
Didn't Norman Lear name his daughter Chanda?

Phillip Tigue
Nov-18-2008, 6:34pm
These are so "punny."

swampstomper
Nov-18-2008, 9:20pm
"Amanda Lynn" is the name of one of Herschel's instrumentals.

mandopete
Nov-18-2008, 9:25pm
Cow Belle?

JEStanek
Nov-18-2008, 9:36pm
Well there is a Belle Monroe and her Brewglass Boys with the Café's own Ted Sliverman on the mix.
Website. (http://www.brewglassboys.com/)

Jamie

Bruce Evans
Nov-18-2008, 9:51pm
Didn't Norman Lear name his daughter Chanda?

No. That was Bill Lear of Lear Jet fame and his daughter is Crystal Chanda.

Fretbear
Nov-18-2008, 10:09pm
Sam Bush's wife's name is Lynn and he recorded an original instrumental of his entitled "Amanda Lynn" on "Late As Usual". His daughter's name may be Amanda Lynn.

Tim2723
Nov-18-2008, 10:23pm
No. That was Bill Lear of Lear Jet fame and his daughter is Crystal Chanda.

Ah, so.

Phillip Tigue
Nov-18-2008, 11:58pm
Sam Bush's wife's name is Lynn and he recorded an original instrumental of his entitled "Amanda Lynn" on "Late As Usual". His daughter's name may be Amanda Lynn.

"Samanda Lynn" I believe.

RSomers
Nov-19-2008, 12:07am
Its no rumor Allen.
and, I did record a song titled AmandaLynn and recorded on an actual record(god forbid if you could find it) done in the 70's. It was kinda Pure Prairie League "Amy" type of song.
I thought it uncommon at the time, little did I know. I think it a great name.

Andrew B. Carlson
Nov-19-2008, 12:11am
My mando is named after a girl named Amanda Lynn Hoffman who I liked in the 6th grade. It's a solid name.

Mike Bromley
Nov-19-2008, 2:30am
"Amanda Lynn" is the name of one of Herschel's instrumentals.

I t'ink that's 'Amandolina', the tune I'm learning right now. Or maybe I'm missing your point.....let me scroll back and read that again.....

~:>

Ivan Kelsall
Nov-19-2008, 3:13am
I wonder why Del never called either of his sons " Vincent Black Lightning McCoury " ?,
Saska :cool:

billkilpatrick
Nov-19-2008, 7:28am
don't know if you're aware of the british derogatory "git" - but i've been told "u-r-a git" on more than a few occasions ...

Brad Weiss
Nov-19-2008, 8:27am
I wonder why Del never called either of his sons " Vincent Black Lightning McCoury " ?,
Saska :cool:

I think Richard Thompson beat 'em to it...

Dave Greenspoon
Nov-19-2008, 8:58am
Brad-
You beat me to the RT reference!

I was in junior high in Jacksonville FL with Wendy Gale Winterling. The "scary" thing is that her dad George was a local tv meteorologist.

I don't know who else had the same experience, but when I once suggested the idea of "Amanda Lynn" if blessed with a daughter, my wife essentially suggested that my name would be accordingly ammended with "of blessed memory."

Dave

new blue
Nov-19-2008, 10:55am
My wife and I came sooo close to naming our 2nd daughter Amanda Lynn, we even anounced this name to our friends and family after she was born. But at the last minute me chickened out and named her Madelynn Jewel. ~:>

Red Henry
Nov-19-2008, 12:40pm
It was indeed and certifiably George Gruhn who named the daughter of his first marriage Amanda Lynn. And that was some time ago...

Red

MarthaWhitePicker
Nov-19-2008, 1:38pm
My first name is Daniel and my middle name is Joseph. My father named me so I could be nicknamed DanJo. My father is a banjo player. My younger brother was named Bill for an obvious reason. I think some old dude named bill had something to do at one point with a mandolin;)

bootinz
Nov-20-2008, 1:13am
My 28 year old daughter is Amanda Lynn. She loves it!

totocol
Dec-02-2008, 10:12am
I can also certify George Gruhn named his daughter Amanda Lynn. She is my friend :-)

Elliot Luber
Dec-02-2008, 10:59am
You could aways name a daughter Loarie.

Bob Wiegers
Dec-02-2008, 11:28am
got a baby (#3) coming any day now. if it's a girl we joked about Amanda Lynn (especially since the wife's middle name is Lynn) but in the end it just wasnt doing it for us, not to mention I'm not that Gruhn-like in my passion and dedication for this stuff :-)

Tbone
Dec-02-2008, 1:41pm
Ronnie McCoury's daughter is named Monroe. I suggested it to my wife (30 weeks prego), and she really likes Monroe for a middle name, if we have a daughter.

Elliot Luber
Dec-02-2008, 2:15pm
Just don't name her Marilyn. :-) Seems like a lot of little mando players on the way.