PDA

View Full Version : Michael Kelly question

Cary Fagan
Jul-17-2004, 9:24am
I'm thinking of getting a used Michael Kelly as a second instrument (my first is a Colings A so I thought it would alleviate some of the F-envy). Is there much difference (other than radiused fretboard) in the cheaper models from the more expensive? Anything wrong with just a Legacy FS? Is, for example, the Legacy classic a better sounding instrument or just fancier looking? Are newer instruments better than older ones? Any suggestions as to a reasonable price for used models?

Thanks much

sirmando
Jul-19-2004, 11:18am
Cary,

I have a MK they all sound good but the dragon fly is the best sound if you like to play bluegrass( has more of a woody chop)the others also sound good there is not much difference between they types of MK's. You can not go wrong with a MK, or at least the ones I have played.

John Zimm
Jul-19-2004, 12:22pm
Hi Cary,

I have an MK Firefly Flame and I love it. I played a lot of different MKs before I bought this one though. Some sounded great while others sounded a little rough. I was well pleased with the worksmanship and the tone with mine. It's sounding better all the time too.

-John.

steve in tampa
Jul-19-2004, 3:35pm
I am very happy with my Dragonfly 11. It is not a big price difference to go to the top of the line, and the only way to get an ebony fretboard.