PDA

View Full Version : If your in Austin

Daniel Wheeler
Nov-09-2008, 11:39pm
You should go to fiddlers green this coming weekend of the 14th. I'll post a link to what I'm talking about when I get off my phone. But you should come. All the cool kids will be there. ;)

Daniel Wheeler
Nov-10-2008, 5:18pm
Ok so I still haven't gotten around to posting a link. Well this Friday the 14th national flatpick champions Carl miner and Joe smart will be putting on a concert at the ventana del soul cafe in Austin starting at 7 (ish I believe) and then a workshop at fiddlers green on Sunday 12 to 2.

All the cool kids are coming so be there.

HddnKat
Nov-27-2008, 8:26pm
Sorry to have missed that - I'm going by there this Saturday to view the wall of temptation.....LOL

Ok so I still haven't gotten around to posting a link. Well this Friday the 14th national flatpick champions Carl miner and Joe smart will be putting on a concert at the ventana del soul cafe in Austin starting at 7 (ish I believe) and then a workshop at fiddlers green on Sunday 12 to 2.

All the cool kids are coming so be there.

Steven Clarkson
Nov-27-2008, 8:42pm
I am very thankful to have fiddler's green in austin. I started getting interested in mandolins in 1996 - I don't think Collings were building mandos in that day and there certainly were not any really good dealers in that time - I bought my first two decent mandos from Dale Cater way back when - I remember my third or fourth upgrade was a rigel ct 110 - I drove the 9 hours from austin to mineola roundtrip before a band practice sunday night.

I have been in the fiddler's green shop a few times now and I really like the folks there - it's a great shop with a great selection of mandolins - I especially liked the Altman 2 pointer - out of my price range but a great instrument.

With all of that said, It is just great to have a real mando shop in Austin. It's been a long time coming!!!

Steven