PDA

View Full Version : Family portrait

mehrsam
Nov-04-2008, 9:24pm
A few mutts, a few purebreds...

Back row (from left): 1995 modded Japanese Telecaster, Squier Telecaster hollowbody
Banjos: 3 fretless gut-string banjos made by Eric Prust
Acoustic guitars (from left): restored 1900's parlor guitar, 1980 LYS cutaway, student model classical
Mandolins (from left):restored bowlback, no-name mandolin rescued from the trash, Minstrel OM made by Daunt Lee, modded Eastwood Mandocaster

Nothing exotic, but I love 'em all.

JeffD
Nov-04-2008, 9:40pm
There is a lot there to love!!

woodwizard
Nov-04-2008, 11:26pm
Holy cow! you have a large family. Are you Catholic? :)

jim simpson
Nov-05-2008, 12:12am
I hadn't updated my brood lately thus thread prompted me to. I spend most of my time playing mandolin with others yet play guitar when solo.

fred d
Nov-05-2008, 6:40pm
Started trying to learn mandolin 4 years ago wife plays marimba anyway garage sales estate sales gifts and Ebay and I made a couple instruments and did a little reparing as barter we now have 67 instruments in the house mounted on the walls on stands keep getting instruments and selling furnatire frount room 2 chairs and stool dining room 6 chairs stool and organ as well as others den footon and chair and about 20 instruments, retired disabled whatch to much opra and jerry so I pick

jerry8jb
Apr-11-2015, 10:51pm
A few mutts, a few purebreds...

Back row (from left): 1995 modded Japanese Telecaster, Squier Telecaster hollowbody
Banjos: 3 fretless gut-string banjos made by Eric Prust
Acoustic guitars (from left): restored 1900's parlor guitar, 1980 LYS cutaway, student model classical
Mandolins (from left):restored bowlback, no-name mandolin rescued from the trash, Minstrel OM made by Daunt Lee, modded Eastwood Mandocaster

Nothing exotic, but I love 'em all.

Hi I'm gathering info on lys guitars since 2009 but this is the first time I saw your post...can you share model, serial number and other pis...thanks. Jerry

Ivan Kelsall
Apr-12-2015, 2:53am
Mark - Is your Jap 'Tele' a Tokai ?. I used to own a Fender 'American Standard' Telecaster. I sold it & bought the Tokai. I made some cash & ended up with a guitar that sounded just as good. It seems like the 'lipstick' treble pickup on your Tele's been replaced by a humbucker ?,
Ivan
The acoustic guitar has now 'left the building' & has been replaced with an Ellis "A" style mandolin.

zedmando
Apr-12-2015, 2:59am
Some nice stuff there.
Thanks for sharing.

jim simpson
Apr-12-2015, 10:57am
I hadn't updated my brood lately thus thread prompted me to. I spend most of my time playing mandolin with others yet play guitar when solo.

Looking at this 7 year old thread, I realize that everything I've pictured is gone or about to be. I'll have to do an updated one to compare. I've tried to downsize a little, lol!

zedmando
Apr-12-2015, 11:29pm
Looking at this 7 year old thread, I realize that everything I've pictured is gone or about to be. I'll have to do an updated one to compare. I've tried to downsize a little, lol!

I didn't notice the date--but an updated picture is in order.

jerry8jb
Apr-13-2015, 9:40pm
I'm pretty sure that your Lys was an L18CW...do you still have it...if yes please send me some pics and serial number...

I'm searching everyday for info on Lys but never seen your post before!

Thanks.
Jerry

Steve VandeWater
Apr-16-2015, 12:31pm
Here are a few of mine: Eastman 515, homemade 4 string concrete mandolin, Washburn M6SW Jethro Burns (which has recently been replaced with a Mid-Mo M4)

JeffD
Apr-16-2015, 1:08pm
I have a family picture posted. It is in need of updating however. It doesn't include my Big Muddy M11 or the mandolinetto. A new family portrait is in the works.

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/album.php?albumid=10

Also it doesn't include the two fiddles, tenor banjo, ukulele, ukulele banjo, guitar, or piano, which are all more camera shy.

Oh, yea, and the Fender MandoStrat.

Jack Roberts
Apr-16-2015, 10:33pm