PDA

View Full Version : lookin forward to my new toy!!!!!!!!!!

hillbilly30120
Oct-29-2008, 7:43pm
just hope i made a good choice, i am new to the mandolin but have been playin the bass for many years; i went over to my uncles house and picked up his michael kelly and found out i knew more than i thought but it was just upside down to me and after he showed me a few things i was on my way to wanting to learn a new instrument and that was a feeling that i hadn't felt in years so after alot of searching i have a michael kelly f style legacy plus in route as we speak. i just hope it is a good starter mandolin. i just had about 400.00 to spend and i picked it up for 345.00 shiping and all, that was the best deal i found by far on an a stock legacy....just thought i would stop in and tell you fellers, thanks for the info on this site and i am sure i will have more ?'s later like good tuner and picks and alot more so thanks in advance...

hillbilly

JEStanek
Oct-29-2008, 7:58pm
Welcome to the Café and I hope you enjoy your mandolin when it comes. The little Intelli tuners are good. Take $5 and get a selection of pics (Dawg, Fender Heavy, Fender extra heavy, Dunlop Tortis, etc) Pics are an easy, inexpensive way to vary tone. Eventually you'll find one that works best with your strings and mando.

Jamie