PDA

View Full Version : Going to top (original post) in thread

j-hill
Oct-28-2008, 5:47pm
Since going to the new message board software I have noticed a slightly annoying element that I'm sure is fixable but I haven't been able to find a solution. I typically go to the home page and then look at the message board tab on the bottom-middle of the page; I click on a topic and when it takes me to the thread, the page comes up with it scrolled to the bottom (most recent) post. I have gone to the control panel and switched from oldest first/newest first and that didn't work (that setting appears to change whether it's ascending or descending chronological order).

I know my current problem is remedied by just scrolling to the top of the page (or to the top of the first page if it's a mulit-page post).

Does anyone know where the setting is to change this? I want to be able to click on the link and the page opens taking me to the top (original) post. Also, this appears to have nothing to do with whether I have already viewed the post.

Thanks for your help,
Jason

des mando
Oct-28-2008, 6:47pm
yeah me too, and a bunch of other folks.not everyone has it happen scott talked about it and i believe is working on it. i have mozilla firefox for a browser if that helps

Larry S Sherman
Oct-28-2008, 7:01pm
This happens to me too and is driving me CRAZY!

I've been looking through tech discussion boards trying to find the fix. I figured it was just me.

Larry

CoMando
Oct-28-2008, 7:23pm
Me too..Drives me crazy as well. I use Firefox as well. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

JEStanek
Oct-28-2008, 7:45pm
In your USER CP do you have your Thread Viewing Option set to Linear -Oldest First...

Then within a are you set to (down at the bottom left of the page) Sort By:Last Post Time and Sort Order: Descending

Those setting may help with the views.

Jamie

EDIT: I should add, I used Fire fox as well.

sunburst
Oct-28-2008, 8:01pm
I use Firefox (mac OS X) and it works fine for me.

CoMando
Oct-28-2008, 8:10pm
In your USER CP do you have your Thread Viewing Option set to Linear -Oldest First...

Then within a are you set to (down at the bottom left of the page) Sort By:Last Post Time and Sort Order: Descending

Jamie

Yes to both...

Scott Tichenor
Oct-28-2008, 10:04pm
Home page always defaults to the last post. It's designed that way. If you want to see the first post every time on every thread every time there's a new post you need to use the forum software New Posts or Today's Posts in Quick Links. Many of these threads go on for years or months. While some of you want to do it one way, the rest don't. From the Cafe home page tabbed section, it's going to stay going to the most recent post. It was designed that way from the start with that in mind.